REMOTE CONTROLL WON'T TURN ON!!!!!

Reaction score
please can anyone help me ??? i tried to update my remote controller of phantom 3 Pro,after update i tryed to restart the remote,like the app sad, Now i cant turn on the remote no lights no sign of live , try it to charghe it but still no lights no turning on,note before upfate everything was fine and fully charged please help me..

It might be a long shot but have you thought about opening up the controller, disconnecting the battery cable then plugging it back again? It's something I have never done so I can't be 100% sure if that will work but hopefully an experienced droner will help

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: embayweather
Maybe you could set out the steps in the order that they happened.

What state of battery charge had the controller before updating?
Did you update via the USB port or over the network (mine's old so I have to do the USB updates)?
Did it go through the normal light signal processes that indicate the update is happening?
When did the process stop? What light / sound signals were you getting?
Did the process complete?

Someone might be able to assist you if we have more information.

Edit*** Could it be that the battery is just flat? I had an issue at the start where the remote wouldn't accept the charging plug unless it got a good firm push in to pass the 'seal'. It might be just as simple as that?

1-The battery was fully charged
2-the update finished and said please restart yor remote controller
3-update via dji go app

nothing hapens,no lights no sound nohing,i pres once,i press twice etc nothing even if i put the charger in same thing

Have you tried the bottom combo noted below?

INFO!!: How to solve RC upgrade problems for P3 GL300A & GL300B Tx

Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
If it don't turn on at all, there is few chance that a firmware upgrade using USB would run.

When you charge it, did some lamps on the RC turn on or blink ?
If you keep the charger attached and try to turn ON the RC, does it turn ON ? Is there any lamps activity?
If it turn on with the charger attached, you can maybe try to update the firmware again (method indicated by Digdat0, USB stick) or see if the app can connect and indicate you something about the update.

no it wont turn on at all with charger or with out charger no lamps no lights no sound nothing like its dead those at dji support didnt know they sad send it to us to have a look

Sounds not good at all.
Is it still under warranty ?
If yes, then I would send it back to DJI.

Now it is my turn with this issue. It is on a GL300C.
I tried all the above with no success.
I noticed that there was a noise in the RC (DC/DC switcher I would say). If I disconnect the battery, the noise stop. If I reconnect the battery, no noise but if I press the POWER button, the noise is back but never see any lamp turning ON.

Last edited:
Now it is my turn with this issue. It is on a GL300C.
I tried all the above with no success.
I noticed that there was a noise in the RC (DC/DC switcher I would say). If I disconnect the battery, the noise stop. If I reconnect the battery, no noise but if I press the POWER button, the noise is back but never see any lamp turning ON.
I'm having this exact same issue. Did you find a solution?

I also have exactly the same worries ... Always people for a solution there please?

I had a similar issue. I had to open the controller (somewhat difficult as the screws are hidden behind the bottom rubber pads, and you also have to remove the USB ribbon cable on the rear of the controller). When you access the lipo battery, make sure the connection is secure. That was my problem. But my issue is now a little more complicated. It seems I can't get the sticks to calibrate and the controller continuously beeps and does not bind with the bird. Somewhat off topic, but does anyone know if the P3P remote is compatible with a P3A bird?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20