Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a brand new Phantom 3 Advanced and downloaded the software on the PC and the App to my iPad mini. All went well with the drone update (lights and noises as it accepted the upgrade) . I plugged in the iPad and the system camera came up on the screen asking for an upgrade, I did this, camera was working (but poor quality) then the RC requested a restart... it never switched on again :-(

On another note, can I use iPad mini (1) or iPhone 5 with my drone?

Please help!

Hi there. So a few points. Don't know about iPhone 5, but no to iPad mini (1), it's not powerful enough.

How did your RC request a restart?, never heard of this before so wondering if you meant something else? RC has no way of asking for restart [emoji848]?

Reactions: Ægir
Hello Loz!;)

Thanks for replying.

Yes, the iPad mini seemed to be working ok, then came an upgrade request on the screen, so I said yes (as you do) and afterwards it said "Restart the contoller to complete update" (or something along those lines. This is when I switched down the RC and it never came back on again. My colleague here has the same type but couldn't understand why it never came back on.

The RC was fully charged, also when I plugged back in the iPad it made a noise but still no lights on the RC. Also when I plugged the charger back into the RC there were no lights.

I called the shop and have requested a new system but guess I need to get a new phone or iPad as well:(

The RC was fully charged, also when I plugged back in the iPad it made a noise but still no lights on the RC. Also when I plugged the charger back into the RC there were no lights.

Yeah that's not normal - so I understand no lights on RC when you turn it on - definitely go to the store & seek help, if you tap the on/off on RC it should at least show battery charge state.

Reactions: Ægir
Hi, I just purchased a brand new Phantom 3 Advanced and downloaded the software on the PC and the App to my iPad mini. All went well with the drone update (lights and noises as it accepted the upgrade) . I plugged in the iPad and the system camera came up on the screen asking for an upgrade, I did this, camera was working (but poor quality) then the RC requested a restart... it never switched on again :-(

On another note, can I use iPad mini (1) or iPhone 5 with my drone?

Please help!
Hey,
Did you get anything sorted yet, i had the same problem today.

Hey,
Did you get anything sorted yet, i had the same problem today.

Hi Greg
As it was brand new I took it back to the shop and they replaced it... but no more said as to why.
New one is going well after first flight took 3 seconds and crashed into a wall!

Hope its not wrecked on you thats not covered, mine was 7 months old had to take it back to maplin to send to head office.
Think it will need a new controler.
was your remote making a light noise and felling warm ?

It didn't appear to get warm. 2 other pilots were with me and recognised something wasn't correct. The shop was very helpful and got me a replacement straight away.
Thought Maplin should've replaced it there and then if it's still under warranty... maybe the U.K. is still "prove customer wrong" attitude?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues