Release DJI Ground Station for P2V Waypoints app 1.0.41

Taping the blue icon a second time as the waypoints are created, should pop up a slider menu to adjust altitude.
It is VERY necessary, if you donot set the homepoint (directly overhead) altitude. The craft will only ascend to 16 feet and slowly climb towards the first actual (2nd) waypoint. Any obstacles between you and the 2nd waypoint will be on a collision course.

Turn on GPS on your phone and retry the mission.

Maps can be cached from home thru your maps program on your phone, zoom all the way in to where you intend to fly, (while connected to internet) in the google maps address bar, type "ok maps" (without quotes) ..you can then name this map, and it will be available for later as it is cached to the phone.

Your waypoint app, will use this 'cached map' for you Waypoint mission.

The Rookie

ok, i have taken the plunge and upgraded.
I'll fly in some parkland tomorrow morning.
What would you say is the lowest height you can fly with confidence that you are above tree level?
Things always seem so close when you are flying manual, and then later you realise you were nowhere near.
This might be a way of avoiding having to face that fear.
I reckon in usual uk woodland 80 feet should be safe. Could you go lower?

If your flying to a waypoint, and you have not set the altitude, it will only rise to 16 feet. Set the First waypoint straight up at 120 feet. then your 2nd waypoint in the direction you wish to send the mission, at a similar altitude.

Obviously you need to understand the terrain or obstacles you wish to avoid. A simple flight straight up to to do a 360 degree view will tell you if there are obstacles in your path.

Remember...should you need to initiate RTH during this Waypoint mission. It also is subject to obstacles on its return home, as it will fly "as the crow flies" directly back to you.

i had the same problem, the cure was to update the camera software, but now I have no range. I get a connection broke at 30 feet. As far as dji goes , Don't hold your breath. They use us as Ginny Pigs to solve all the bugs.

I haven't looked all that hard for it, but where do you set the speed for a mission? Can you change the speed of each waypoint?

Thanks...
-slinger

gunslinger said:
I haven't looked all that hard for it, but where do you set the speed for a mission? Can you change the speed of each waypoint?

Thanks...
-slinger
i had a look in it at the office - 1 global setting for speed only slow/medium/fast

gunslinger said:

Thanks...
-slinger
The setting is in the top bar on the waypoint screen. There is a small speedometer icon with one of the following next to it. Slow, Mid, Fast. I think you can change the speed between waypoints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi guys,

I used the Waypoint feature several times now.
I works great, but I agree it is very simple and not functional.
And we didn't have to wait very long for DJI to bring out this Waypoint update :D :lol:

I also flew almost into a tree when taking off to my first waypoint because it does not ascent to the height set in the first waypoint.
It flies lineair to the first waypoint. So forwards and ascending at the same time until it reaches it's first waypoint.
Smart strategy from DJI. Since you must agree with the terms first before you can use the Waypoint feature, DJI does not take any responsibility for accidents or chashes (I believe....).

However, maybe some usefull information to some...

I saw a few posts about the caching of maps (zooming into the area, etc.).

When using your iPhone you simply change the wifi connection and have internet access through your mobile provider all the time (also usefull for "Finding my Phantom"). Of course you must have a data connection from your mobile provider.

When you go to your wifi settings on your iPhone and tap it for information, the connection is made by DHCP.
You will your IP address 192.168.1.###
Go to Static and fill in this same IP address.
Then by Subnetmask fill in : 255.255.255.0
Leave the rest empty.

Now you will have internet access while connected to your Phantom though your mobile data connection.
Because of leaving Router and DNS blank, your iPhone knows that this wifi connection has no internet and therefore uses it's mobile data connection.

Maybe most of you guys already knew this, but just to be helpfull....

See the pictures (sorry, language is Dutch).

1 - DHCP (old setting)
2 - Static (new setting)

Attachments

• foto 2.PNG
    foto 2.PNG
    60.8 KB · Views: 501
  • foto 1.PNG
    foto 1.PNG
    63 KB · Views: 499
Ok guys help,

No matter what I do on the RC that message comes up. My phone's location services are on and the dji app has location access.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 412
moosety2008 said:
Ok guys help,

No matter what I do on the RC that message comes up. My phone's location services are on and the dji app has location access.

So, to be clear......both S1 and S2 switches are in the up position?

moosety2008 said:
Ok guys help,

Make sure the firmware for the camera is up to date.

Doono said:
moosety2008 said:
Ok guys help,

So, to be clear......both S1 and S2 switches are in the up position?

Yes Doono, I tried every possible configuration with s1 and s2, to include having both in the up position,

Old Gazer said:
moosety2008 said:
Ok guys help,

Probably a stupid question, but does the actual camera on the vision have a separate update outside the 3.04 firmware update enabled by the P2 software for the vision?

moosety2008 said:
Old Gazer said:
moosety2008 said:
Ok guys help,

Probably a stupid question, but does the actual camera on the vision have a separate update outside the 3.04 firmware update enabled by the P2 software for the vision?

When you plug your Phantom in and connect it to the Vision Assistant software, the "Info" page should tell you if anything needs updating.

Tried this earlier. Works ok but the only problem I had was getting the waypoints in. No matter how hard I pressed the screen it wouldnt register. Might just be a dirty screen but every other app works ok. :?

I managed to get 1 wp in and it is freaky watching a 'controlled fly away' happen.

Okay... I made a dumb mistake today and want to pass on how it worked out. It's a gorgeous day here today, weather wise, and my favorite field was totally empty. It's only a 3.5 mile ride. When I got there and got set up I realized I hadn't cached the map for that field into my Nexus 7.

I could see the location of the aircraft and I set it up to go straight up for 98 feet as the first waypoint, then go 65 feet left for second waypoint, 65 feet right for the third, 80 feet right for the fourth and pressed go... :D

The Phantom took off and got to altitude. It never really followed the leg to the second waypoint but kind of went in that direction..., ish... Same with the third waypoint. Then it kind of went back to the second waypoint and I realized it was time to rein it in, take it home, cache the map properly, recharge the battery and try it again... :(

I'll be off for the field in a few minutes and I'll report back on how THAT goes... :shock:

-slinger

Holy CRAP! That was fun. I ran four separate flights at different heights and speeds and everything went perfectly... :D :D :D

I think we get a little jaded because this technology keeps improving so quickly. This really blew my mind...

-slinger

Can someone please confirm, that the Vision will continue its mission even if video AND RC Transmission breaks? I want to test the ground station tomorrow but will definitely lose RC Control after a maximum of 200 meters or so. Will the vision definitely continue even if the connection breaks?

Another question: How does a normal Phantom (non Vision) with the usual iPad Groundstation behave if the ground station bluetooth connection breaks?

Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT