Release DJI Ground Station for P2V Waypoints app 1.0.41

It was within LOS at the "new" Home Point 800' from launch point. For the test mission flight, after resetting the Home Point, I had set a waypoint at about the launch point, and it flew back close to me, then started back toward the new Home Point 800' from me. That is when I intervened using S1. So if someone were to use this technique to try for more range, I would suggest setting the last waypoint somewhere close to the original launch point and take over control when the P2V comes close.

must be something that I have missed some were I can only get it to work in vision mode will look at it again. it all should be ok just had new camera and extender all updates have been done so its got to be something I have missed

I finally got out to test the Ground Station function and was favorably impressed...
I have NAZA enabled but of course fly GS mission with "both switches up". (i am not sure if there is some confusion above)
It was easy to set up a simple missions and the Phantom flew them flawlessly.

We intentionally paused the flight and were able to control camera tilt with both the up and down arrows and also with the phone tilt. But what I really wanted to try was could you control yaw with the app by side tilting the phone. No you can't. I expected this was the case from the reports of others but it wasn't specifically stated. So I confirm no yaw control with phone tilt - to bad.
On the other hand we found it easy to set up a mission, fly it, pause at the desired spot or at a way point, take over manual control, and get the shots, controlling yaw with the controller or phone side tilt. Then either tell it to RTH or quickly set up another simple mission to get it to the next spot, and repeat.

I was also able to reset the GS Home Point in flight while under manual control, set up a new GS mission and fly it.

So in some ways this is not ideal, but it is very workable.

Ive flown a few waypoint missions now. Its a very impressive feature.
Unfortunately, I live amongst a lot of trees. So every mission is out of visual range as soon as it leaves. Relying on the Waypoint navigation to take complete control is a bit disconcerting. When my craft leaves, both TX and WIFI range is lost just moments after take off, (because of dense trees) while on its waypoint route, i was curious how the craft is sent a "Return to Home" command if both control features are presumably, out of range? Or is it not possible to send this command once TX control is out of range?
I'm not sure i'm going to like the answer.

The Rookie

RCRookie said:
Unfortunately, I live amongst a lot of trees. So every mission is out of visual range as soon as it leaves. Relying on the Waypoint navigation to take complete control is a bit disconcerting. When my craft leaves, both TX and WIFI range is lost just moments after take off, (because of dense trees) while on its waypoint route, i was curious how the craft is sent a "Return to Home" command if both control features are presumably, out of range? Or is it not possible to send this command once TX control is out of range?

The Rookie

It makes sense that if both TX and WiFi connections are lost there is no way to send a RTH command - or control the camera - or revert to manual control. You would have no option but to wait until it returns over head and re-establishes a connection.

I guess this leads to only one way to use it. Leave the video recording for the whole mission.
I agree it's sort of scary.

RCRookie said:

The Rookie

I live in the suburbs, and there are lots of trees around here too, which severely limits the video range if it doesn't block it completely. Today was my first waypoint flight. I've had one or two flyaways in the past because of a delayed input from tree interference and getting spun around the wrong way only to send the Phantom off in an unknown direction, and a flick of the switch brought it back home without a problem. So I just put my faith in the system, kept my altitude well above the tree tops, and sent it out well beyond visual range to it's max distance and just waited. After about 4 minutes, she found her way home and reported "Mission Complete".

I'm gonna have alot of fun with this.

Are the waypoints only limited to the transmitter range?
I have a green circle around my location and cannot set a waypoint outside of it, even though I have my lateral range in the assistant client to about a mile.... Yet I can only set waypoints out to 0.31 miles.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.