Release DJI Ground Station for P2V Waypoints app 1.0.41

Yeah, as it is it seems to me to have a good "wow" factor for a few flights... Then.... it has no real use other than a bit of fun, to prove it works.
So then back to normal flying...

I have no doubt that this group will come up with lots of creative uses for the waypoint capability. It may seem limited now but I am sure it's capabilities can be exploited. I certainly wish you could, at least with the phone app, yaw the vehicle while taking pictures or video.

However I can see setting up a route to easily get the phantom to a certain position much more easily than flying it there,
pause it,
take over manually to take your pictures or video,
use HL to return it overhead, etc

And this is just a basic example. Set up next location after first pics are taken etc.
Yes, it would be great if you could have it fly a circle around a fixed point on the ground to get a 360 degree picture looking at that point on the ground as has be mentioned, but that would be more than I would expect.
I am looking forward to your most creative or useful ideas.

How about having an option at waypoint to do 360 and take a set of overlapping images at the same time automatically. Or flying a leg backwards/reverse. Or being able to define a POI and while P2V flies within 100 meters range it would keep this POI fixed with camera.

And why it isn't possible to drag waypoints where ever after you have created them?

gunslinger said:
varmint said:
RCRookie said:
So it seems your very first input needs to be your rising altitude BEFORE the first leg. IE....... (1.) Homepoint+altitude (2.)Homepoint Above head....(3) Homepoint to 3rd waypoint.

So you could say...Set you first WAYPOINT on the Vertical plane to account for "RISING ALTITUDE"
Not very intuitive.

Yes, very unintuitive and in fact dangerous for the unaware or new user. I knew this was going to be an issue because of the forums and the manual, but good God, what was DJI thinking with this? Did any of the beta testers give any feedback about this, or was it just not wanted?

I'm glad I asked... That IS counter-intuitive and dangerous. WTF were these guys thinking?

-slinger
Got to agree with you, but you can lift the Vision up to the needed hight manually and then hit the go button to start the mission.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
EDIT: sorry Propspete, I didn't see your post. My bad

Old Gazer said:
gunslinger said:
I'm glad I asked... That IS counter-intuitive and dangerous. WTF were these guys thinking?

-slinger
Got to agree with you, but you can lift the Vision up to the needed hight manually and then hit the go button to start the mission.

EDIT: sorry Propspete, I didn't see your post. My bad

Yup... now that I know that :D

I had the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end. I ALMOST sent it off in the direction of a 60 foot pine tree, thinking that it would gain altitude first. I changed my mind, and decided on a shorter test. :shock:

-slinger

John Shaw said:
I have no doubt that this group will come up with lots of creative uses for the waypoint capability. It may seem limited now but I am sure it's capabilities can be exploited. I certainly wish you could, at least with the phone app, yaw the vehicle while taking pictures or video.

However I can see setting up a route to easily get the phantom to a certain position much more easily than flying it there,
pause it,
take over manually to take your pictures or video,
use HL to return it overhead, etc

And this is just a basic example. Set up next location after first pics are taken etc.
Yes, it would be great if you could have it fly a circle around a fixed point on the ground to get a 360 degree picture looking at that point on the ground as has be mentioned, but that would be more than I would expect.
I am looking forward to your most creative or useful ideas.

As an example, I've been asked to photograph a golf course. Start on the first Tee box... fly over the entire first fairway to the first green... and repeat eight times. (It's only a nine hole course)

I'm going to start it out just behind the tee box, let it get to 70 foot altitude on its own. I'll set the second waypoint three quarters of the way to the green, as there's a very slight dogleg right. I'll then set the altitude at 40 feet for the third waypoint, the green...

I tried doing this on foot, and it was hard to get it where I wanted it and maintain a nice smooth consistent speed. The first hole is also just over 1500 feet, so I had to consider that. My next plan was to use a golf cart. I'd have a buddy drive the cart, I'd fly the bird and we'd keep it in range and easy line of sight. I'd be sitting down, instead of hoofing it quickly down the fairway...

I think If I set it up as I mentioned above and set the speed to "fast"... We're good to go...

-slinger

Hi Slinger, .
..Have you had any problem with your Waypoint Maps and the Nexus screen time out (energy saving) while flying? Never had this problem til 3.04

RCRookie said:
Hi Slinger, .
..Have you had any problem with your Waypoint Maps and the Nexus screen time out while flying? Never had this problem til 3.04

It's been very windy the past few days and we're getting rain today, so I haven't had the opportunity to test waypoints any further. I hope to have some time over my upcoming three day weekend. (The weather's supposed to be excellent!) There's also new Central Board firmware for the P2V that came available today... I wonder what that's supposed to fix?

-slinger

gunslinger said:
RCRookie said:
Hi Slinger, .
..Have you had any problem with your Waypoint Maps and the Nexus screen time out while flying? Never had this problem til 3.04

It's been very windy the past few days and we're getting rain today, so I haven't had the opportunity to test waypoints any further. I hope to have some time over my upcoming three day weekend. (The weather's supposed to be excellent!) There's also new Central Board firmware for the P2V that came available today... I wonder what that's supposed to fix?

-slinger

I don't know. But the integration of the Vision and Vision + revisions, may be a bad thing for aftermarket Gimbal owners. I know they released something yesterday that was integrated for both birds, but only affected the Plus gimbal ...stabilization fix of something.
I don't trust them not to try and sabotage other gimbal makers.

I see you're of similar thinking in the other thread.

Does anyone know if it is possible to fly a mission to a single waypoint, cancel the mission and while Hovering in place at that waypoint, create a new mission
and fly it?

Old Gazer said:

Seems much easier than trying to insert a homepoint waypoint, but what happens on the final leg; Does the Phantom descend/ascend to the altitude it was at when you hit GO, or does it stay at the altitude of the final waypoint (just before homepoint)?

varmint said:
Old Gazer said:

Seems much easier than trying to insert a homepoint waypoint, but what happens on the final leg; Does the Phantom descend/ascend to the altitude it was at when you hit GO, or does it stay at the altitude of the final waypoint (just before homepoint)?

It changes nothing on the final leg. It returns to the home point at whatever altitude you set and hovers until you take control.

You have to remember that if you set several waypoints at different altitudes, that the Vision will gradually ascend or descend between waypoints. Beware of obstacles Between waypoints.

I understand that it changes altitude between waypoints, but the homepoint is not a waypoint. When you hover to an arbitrary altitude prior to beginning the mission, you diverge from the "normal" takeoff behavior. So I was asking what takes altitude priority; homepoint or final waypoint, and you seem to be saying that the altitude at the final waypoint is the altitude it will arrive home at, yes?

Old Gazer said:
You have to remember that if you set several waypoints at different altitudes, that the Vision will gradually ascend or descend between waypoints. Beware of obstacles Between waypoints.

Hey gazer..asked you this in an earlier thread that got locked and my post got deleted. What general area of Eastern Oklahoma are you from? You can obviously tell from my username where I'm from.

varmint said:
I understand that it changes altitude between waypoints, but the homepoint is not a waypoint. When you hover to an arbitrary altitude prior to beginning the mission, you diverge from the "normal" takeoff behavior. So I was asking what takes altitude priority; homepoint or final waypoint, and you seem to be saying that the altitude at the final waypoint is the altitude it will arrive home at, yes?

Yes. The final waypoint. When I take off from the ground or from altitude after hitting the go button, the Vision does not return to the ground or starting altitude at the end of the final leg. It returns and hovers at the altitude of the last way point.

I've had with DJI one more crappie update ever since update from 1.08 I have problems after problems with my p2v now is no Wi-Fi what I don't understand is how come the updates are working on some but not every ones I know its not just me I have read other people are having the same problem since doing the new update can not get Wi-Fi anyone know how to sort the Wi-Fi on Android have tried to undo the update but still not getting any Wi-Fi

I had a problem with no Wifi on my Android after update, solved by turning off the mobile data in the settings of my Android phone (Galaxy Note 2), only whilst I am flying obviously! Worked immediately for me hope it does for you!

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik