Reaction score
just paid the 5$ for the simple non commercial option just to make sure i was legal . my question is : when ever I'm ready to go out and try for paid jobs do i have to do the process again but for commercial lic ????

just paid the 5$ for the simple non commercial option just to make sure i was legal . my question is : when ever I'm ready to go out and try for paid jobs do i have to do the process again but for commercial lic ????

You have to study for, take and pass the $150 FAA test to get your commercial sUAS certificate.

Reactions: holguinerito
thanks for the reply guys , now i see the difference when registering for the commercial side its a bit more specific for one drone requiring serial numbers and the like . once again thanks for the replys ....

thanks for the reply guys , now i see the difference when registering for the commercial side its a bit more specific for one drone requiring serial numbers and the like . once again thanks for the replys ....
Commercially you are registering a specific UAS and giving it a unique Reg #
Hobby you register you and put the same reg# on all HOBBY UAS you own

You can use a Commercial UAS for hobby/recreational flights but you can NOT use a Hobby UAS for Commercial operations.

Reactions: holguinerito
Commercially you are registering a specific UAS and giving it a unique Reg #
Hobby you register you and put the same reg# on all HOBBY UAS you own

You can use a Commercial UAS for hobby/recreational flights but you can NOT use a Hobby UAS for Commercial operations.
thanks again for the info .
now that I'm getting more into the drone scene i realize that retail stores do very little to inform buyers of basic prep when flying a drone even if its just for fun ... even before i joined the this site i only knew very little about drone laws but I'm familiar with general aviation since i have a good chunk of hours on a few AC ....

Holguinerito, Your correct... Just like any other retailer, all they want is your money, they don't care what you do after that. NOT ALL DRONE STORES ARE LIKE THIS.. I have heard employees (at an Orlando store) tell a customer "Sure, if you buy this one, you can go right home and fly it no matter where you live in town."... Well, this town is totally encompassed by Class B, Class C, and Class D airports, not to mention it fell well within the .55 - 55lbs registration weight range for hobbyist... Just keep doing what your doing, self education about this sport is very important..

Good luck and Be Safe....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31