Reading DAT files ?

That is correct, however the issue here is that log in question only show a return RTH and not the outbound portion of the flight. The log "should" be cumulative. Loss of signal, then reaquiring on the return should be the same file on the device. The log should show the disconnect "Signal Lost for xxxx second's" upon reaquiring.
That's not been my experience. When there is a disconnect the .txt closes and then a new .txt is created if there is a re-connect.

Last edited:
Reactions: lickitysplit11111
Just for reference, these are close but not exactly a match. This is your RTH device log file with FLY291 overlayed in yellow.

291 overlay.PNG

@lickitysplit11111 You must have another .txt file that you are missing for the outbound then disconnect. As BudWalker corrected my error above, that would make sense.

Well if the mobile device is disconnected it won't log anything since it can't. Are you wanting to recover something specific out of those drone logs? The drone will log the whole flight regardless of connection to the remote/mobile device.

I was able to open your FLY288 directly in CsvView and it appears to be a long out and back flight with a complete log of the flight. Must be a different flight that you are looking for,

Yes it’s a flight right after this one

Looking farther at FLY 288, this is a normal flight. There is no RTH in the logs. Battery was fine and no signal loss. Also, your failsafe for this flight was set to hover, not RTH, just to throw that out.

I don’t understand what your saying , I had a disconnect and it entered RTH , it didn’t just hover,

I don’t understand what your saying , I had a disconnect and it entered RTH , it didn’t just hover,

I realize that. That value defaults in the .dat file and doesn't change until the value is needed, as Bud pointed out earlier. I wasn't aware of that particular default value in the log.

Well if the mobile device is disconnected it won't log anything since it can't. Are you wanting to recover something specific out of those drone logs? The drone will log the whole flight regardless of connection to the remote/mobile device.

I was able to open your FLY288 directly in CsvView and it appears to be a long out and back flight with a complete log of the flight. Must be a different flight that you are looking for,
Most important thing for me is getting the correct file uploaded to DJI so they can look at it but its hard to do when the timestamps are off and I'm not able to read them myself,

Haven't looked at the .dat files, but if you looked back through the thread you will see where Bud corrected me in the fact that when a complete signal loss occurs, the device will begin a new .txt file upon re-aquisition of signal. That explains why you did not see the outbound data in the same .txt file as the inbound RTH. If you go back and check the .txt logs you should have a seperate file with the outgoing portion of that flight. The entire flight will most assuredly be in the aircraft .dat files.

Haven't looked at the .dat files, but if you looked back through the thread you will see where Bud corrected me in the fact that when a complete signal loss occurs, the device will begin a new .txt file upon re-aquisition of signal. That explains why you did not see the outbound data in the same .txt file as the inbound RTH. If you go back and check the .txt logs you should have a seperate file with the outgoing portion of that flight. The entire flight will most assuredly be in the aircraft .dat files.
Ok when you say txt.file do you mean the ones recorded to the App in the mobile device ?

Ok when you say txt.file do you mean the ones recorded to the App in the mobile device ?
Yes. The aircraft files will have everything in a single file. The way the .txt files work is after a full disconnect, both downlink and uplink, the device will create a new .txt file upon re-aquisition of signal. But, if only downlink is lost, the data will remain in a single .txt file. That is where Bud corrected me.

Yes. The aircraft files will have everything in a single file. The way the .txt files work is after a full disconnect, both downlink and uplink, the device will create a new .txt file upon re-aquisition of signal. But, if only downlink is lost, the data will remain in a single .txt file. That is where Bud corrected me.
OK gotcha ,I'm guessing it maybe a problem with the CS recording things when theres a disconnect involved because I looked thru them all and they are not there, IOS records everything so I'm just going to buy a new tablet and just keep an eye on the CS if they release a Version 2 of it,
Seriously though thank you for all your help

@lickitysplit11111 , @Fly Dawg the correct .DAT is FLY300.DAT. This was explained back in post #28
Reading DAT files ?
There were two disconnects that occurred beccause the signal strength dropped to 0. When the first disconnect happened at 641 secs the P4P initiated an RTH
upload_2018-6-21_16-21-34.png

The P4P was here (where the yellow A is)
upload_2018-6-21_16-22-34.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20