RAW setting freezes P2V+ camera

Reaction score
When I set the camera to capture RAW, it now freezes - i.e. the camera icons are grayed out. Initially, it will snap the RAW image, and once that is done, the icons gray out & the camera goes into video mode. But I cannot change any settings, or return to the camera to switch video mode off, or return to camera (still mode). I've checked plugs & all look fine; I've tried different memory cards to no avail; I've run calibrations; I've reset to default...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Do a retest for now.
Switch back to JPG - raw takes longer to write and hence the screen black out is longer.
Switch to 480x240 @ 15fps. The lower the bandwidth the better chance of "reconnecting" the FPV.
Turn the phantom side ways - the wifi antennas are on the side of the phantom.

I don't want to scare you.
I used to have this problem and found out it was the wifi module on its way out. I could never get 640*480@30fps no matter how close I stood or far I flew. It was faulty from day 1. If you have the older non-perforated wifi modules, i'd suggest you to do the artic silver mod to help heat dissipation. The DJI heat sink gunk is junk and not cooling the chips efficiently.

Do a retest for now.
Switch back to JPG - raw takes longer to write and hence the screen black out is longer.
Switch to 480x240 @ 15fps. The lower the bandwidth the better chance of "reconnecting" the FPV.
Turn the phantom side ways - the wifi antennas are on the side of the phantom.

I don't want to scare you.
I used to have this problem and found out it was the wifi module on its way out. I could never get 640*480@30fps no matter how close I stood or far I flew. It was faulty from day 1. If you have the older non-perforated wifi modules, i'd suggest you to do the artic silver mod to help heat dissipation. The DJI heat sink gunk is junk and not cooling the chips efficiently.

When I relaunched, I switched back to jpeg. It's flawless writing jpegs and video (at any resolution of frame rate). I prefer shooting RAW so I have more flexibility with the files in Lightroom.

Is there a way to "reconnect" without having to land, shut down, and start over?

Thanks -

I don't know where the data bottle neck is happening. For some reason, the writing of the 25mb raw file kills the FPV to write to the SD card. This happens on the phantom end and therefor you have to fly it back and restart the phantom. In a perfect world, the FPV on the app should remain on and the SD card, record button, and photo button should just grey out until the image is written. There is really no need to black out the screen unless there is not enough processing power.

Anyways
To minimise black screen, try:
Drop the FPV bandwidth down to 480x240 @ 15fps.This makes it easy for the DJI app to "reconnect".
You can always reposition the antenna to front and rear.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/increase-your-range-for-under-10-bucks-diy-mod.36967/
Try an FPV booster app.
Try doing the artic silver mod to improve heat dissipation and efficiency. Keep the wifi module cool helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers