Flashing red light next to micro SD port, and camera issues - help!

Reaction score
Hi all,

So up until now my experience with the Phantom 4 Pro + has been great. No issues whatsoever. Until today.

I turned the drone on, as I usually do before taking it out for a bit of filming. So, there was a firmware update to be installed. I installed it. Then I had a message saying "Inconsistent firmware found". So I followed the instructions on this video:

I followed these steps, but (1) The camera isn't working (it came on briefly but the video was black & white and then lines appeared on the screen and it went off (2) The home screen refuses to let me enter the "Go Fly" screen (i.e, I click on the "Go Fly" blue button, but nothing happens) and (3) there's a flashing red light next to the micro SD slot on the drone itself.

I have tried reverting to an older firmware, this hasn't helped. I've reset to factory settings, this hasn't helped, and both the drone and the controller have been fully updated....nothing.

Help!

Flashing light at sd card is a link indicator for the controller.
If your controller is linked to the ac, it should be green.
Updating is not a friend sometimes. Not to be taken lightly.
and there is an ignore button for those pesky update notices.

Reactions: Capt KO
I hope that relinking solves your problem. But at least it’s another warning to those that see the ‘firmware updates’ available, that it is not necessary, unless it says so. It’s fine when they work but a nightmare when they don’t. If it ain’t broke.......Good luck.

I had to repeat a firmware update that would not complete. Said finished but certain operations would not work. The second time was fine.

Thank you for your replies Starz and Cap KO.

It still isn't working, despite trying several times to sort the issue. What I don't understand is: if the updates are designed for that particular drone, then why is it seen as a "gamble' if they're going to work or not? Aren't these things tested to ensure they'll work? I mean, it's ridiculous! I've had the Pro + for a few years and all of a sudden it's been turned in to a useless piece of plastic by an OFFICIAL UPDATE.

Do you have refresh? This could be a defective SD card reader on the board.
I repair drones and refurbish them as well. If you’re interested I can repair your camera and get it working in no time. Turnaround for this repair would be 24 hours once I receive it.

Reactions: David_Cambridge

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z