Quick, easy (dumb) question...about firmware updates

Reaction score
I am a relatively new pilot (April) and I have gone through at least one firmware update (maybe 2, my memory isn't what it used to be) using my iPad mini on my P3 4K. I got a notice an upgrade was available and I did it without a hitch. Lately I have been seeing firmware upgrade posts on the forums so I thought I would look and see what version mine said it was running. When I look at the about page in the Go app it tells me that I am running version 2.8.3 of the app but it also tells me that I am running Version 1.4.30+ of the aircraft firmware. My memory card is empty and I have repeatedly connected to my WiFi network and it never comes up and tells me I need to do a firmware upgrade. Is this what I should be seeing or do I need to contact DJI customer support?

Thanks
Rick

Hi, recently I was updating my p3 pro firmware and left it going on the table, my roommate ripped out the battery while it was going and left the battery on while sitting on the table, does anyone know how bad that is and anything funny I should watch out for?

Hi, recently I was updating my p3 pro firmware and left it going on the table, my roommate ripped out the battery while it was going and left the battery on while sitting on the table, does anyone know how bad that is and anything funny I should watch out for?

It could be pretty bad

I am a relatively new pilot (April) and I have gone through at least one firmware update (maybe 2, my memory isn't what it used to be) using my iPad mini on my P3 4K. I got a notice an upgrade was available and I did it without a hitch. Lately I have been seeing firmware upgrade posts on the forums so I thought I would look and see what version mine said it was running. When I look at the about page in the Go app it tells me that I am running version 2.8.3 of the app but it also tells me that I am running Version 1.4.30+ of the aircraft firmware. My memory card is empty and I have repeatedly connected to my WiFi network and it never comes up and tells me I need to do a firmware upgrade. Is this what I should be seeing or do I need to contact DJI customer support?

Thanks
Rick
Hi Rick and sorry your thread was hijacked ..
My P3 4K isn't handy at the moment or I would check for you but I believe you are on the latest Go app and AC firmware so you are good .
If I'm wrong someone please correct me :)

Reactions: J Dot
When I look at the about page in the Go app it tells me that I am running version 2.8.3 of the app but it also tells me that I am running Version 1.4.30+ of the aircraft firmware.
1.5.40 is the current version. That must be what you really have installed since you're seeing a plus behind the version number and 1.5.40 is the only version after 1.4.30. If you reinstall DJI GO, the version number might change from 1.4.30+ to 1.5.40. Either way, it will not hurt anything to keep everything as-is now.

Hi Rick and sorry your thread was hijacked ..
My P3 4K isn't handy at the moment or I would check for you but I believe you are on the latest Go app and AC firmware so you are good .
If I'm wrong someone please correct me :)
Yeah I noticed the first comment was completely off topic. I actually went ahead and contacted DJI. They were prompt and courteous and solved the problem.

Yeah I noticed the first comment was completely off topic. I actually went ahead and contacted DJI. They were prompt and courteous and solved the problem.
What was it Rick ?

Reactions: J Dot
1.5.40 is the current version. That must be what you really have installed since you're seeing a plus behind the version number and 1.5.40 is the only version after 1.4.30. If you reinstall DJI GO, the version number might change from 1.4.30+ to 1.5.40. Either way, it will not hurt anything to keep everything as-is now.
This is exactly what DJI said to do and it did eventually solve the problem. It was actually sort of strange. I reinstalled the app and it showed the correct version. The next time I loaded the app it showed version 1.0.0. So I deleted it and reinstalled it again and it once again showed the correct version and has been rock solid since. Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic