P4 Firmware Best firmware version for Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 4 Pro that has been in storage for a long while (have been unwell for a long time) & am looking at updating the firmware, pretty sure the drone is running on 01.01.40 still and I have been looking at changing that up to 01.05.600 from what I have been looking through the forums.
Is that still working with the current version on DJI Go 4 etc or is there anything I need to keep in mind? Is it still worth running it on firmware like this or has this practice become obsolete? I am not trying to do anything I am not allowed to I just do not trust how companies like DJI change up the capabilities of a craft after you purchase it.
Any comments are welcome

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Research the hell out of the firmware before you update. DJI is notorious for piggybacking flight limitations on top of updates.......plus, some firmware and DJIGo apps don't play well together......another trick DJI uses to control how and where you fly.

* I haven't updated my firmware in 8 years. Birds fly fine.

Reactions: WildMan9 and RodPad
Thanks for the replies all, I'll have a look at things on that firmware version. Does that still work on the latest version of the app?
Thx

Was trying to ask if the 1.3.509 firmware still works with the latest DJI GO 4 app or if I have to use an older version of the app, ie do I be careful updating the app on my ipad

Was trying to ask if the 1.3.509 firmware still works with the latest DJI GO 4 app or if I have to use an older version of the app, ie do I be careful updating the app on my ipad
Hmmmmm...I can't say for sure 100%. I use Go4 v3.1.1, which was compatible with a 4 or 5 firmwares I was testing. I'm about 90% sure that all Go4 App versions are compatible with all or most of the firmwares. You won't know for sure until you try. Personally, I would install Go4 v3.1.1 on your iPad. I've been using that version with great success for years. Unfortunately, one has to jump through a few hoops to make iPads do what you want them to do.

D

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl