Questions about telemetry, flight logs and HealthyDrones

Reaction score
I've only flown a dozen times or so, but would like to see all I can see from the data generated. I have been reading bits and pieces about downloading telemetry data and uploading to HealthyDrones. How is that accomplished and what can I expect to see? Any other sites/apps/programs recommended?

A second question concerns capturing the flight recording that I can watch on the DJI GO app. I want to capture that for superimposing on video I have shot. How does one do that? I see it on youtube videos all the time.

Thanks!!
Jeff

Reactions: Ataribravo
You can also use the Litchi Android app (flylitchi.com) to fly your Phantom instead of the DJI GO app and Litchi can automatically sync/upload your flight logs to HealthyDrones... I much prefer the Litchi app and it's constantly evolving with great new features... the autonomous waypoint missions are #awesome!

The most data generated by your aircraft is located in a .txt file on your device used to fly with. DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord. Then convert them on djilogs.com. You can now view them using Excel.

I was able to upload my flight logs to HealthyDrones and see all of the interesting information that the logs include. That's great, but... I have watched videos where they have the video captured from the flight with the telemetry as an overlay on the video (so it looks like what you would see on your device while flying). These sometimes even include the stick movements (like you can get when watching the flight recordings on your device). Any ideas there? I guess I'm trying to be able to watch the video while seeing how high, how far, etc. I am at the same time. Thanks!!!

I was able to upload my flight logs to HealthyDrones and see all of the interesting information that the logs include. That's great, but... I have watched videos where they have the video captured from the flight with the telemetry as an overlay on the video (so it looks like what you would see on your device while flying). These sometimes even include the stick movements (like you can get when watching the flight recordings on your device). Any ideas there? I guess I'm trying to be able to watch the video while seeing how high, how far, etc. I am at the same time. Thanks!!!

Apple IOS doesn't have anything unless you jailbreak your Apple device. There is a "kind of" workaround using a program (Reflector) to mirror your iPhone or iPad onto a laptop; and then using the screen capture function of Quick Time to record the redirected image from the laptop (think of it as a version of Apple TV). It is a lot of steps and I figured it just wasn't worth the problems of having my iPhone being connected to my RC *and* a laptop. I just know I'd screw something up.

There are apps for the other devices though... I'm stuck on Apple so I haven't found anything to record the DJI GO app screen.

The most data generated by your aircraft is located in a .txt file on your device used to fly with. DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord. Then convert them on djilogs.com. You can now view them using Excel.

So, this file is on my iPad Mini 2? What happens if it loses signal during flight and returns back home safely? I'm just wondering if any of the log is somehow located on the aircraft itself or does it get transferred later when it reconnects automatically somehow?

The aircraft and R/C both record the flight. With the info I gave you sure by now located the .txt files, haven't you?

The aircraft and R/C both record the flight. With the info I gave you sure by now located the .txt files, haven't you?

Yes, I located the TXT file a long time ago on the tablet. (I gotta roll my eyes though at how annoying Apple has to make everything that should be simple, like getting a file.) Mainly I was curious what happens if there is no signal... where on the aircraft does the file end up and what can I do with it. I did see a MISC dir hidden on the SD card, so I think it is one of those.

I successfully uploaded to healthy drones, then produced a KML file to open in Google Earth. I gotta say that web site is very impressive. But, I am wondering if there are any other options for converting a file that don't involve uploading to a web site. When I am traveling, I may not have a connection for my laptop, but I may want to open the flight in Google Earth, or in ExpertGPS. This is important for me because I have detailed information already saved in a GPX file about my rural land, and I wish to quickly overlay my flight onto that file so I can see where anything interesting is located.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic