Reaction score
So I think I got really lucky but still have not resolved my problem (but it happened last night) I was flying my drone and it was about 300 ft up when all of a sudden it started to spin out of control. There was nothing I could do but to jump in my car and chase down where it landed. To my surprise, it actually landed on my friends pool screen lanai which I think really padded the fall. The blades of the prop kept spinning and cut through his overhead screen then it fell about 8 foot still upside down and sat about 2 ft away from the pool and in "Go Home" status so the blades where full blast when I found it. So I turned everythig off and went home to asses the damage. The only thing that I can see visually is the cable that I believe is coming from the inside to power the FPV (light bridge) had been ripped out and all the wires were out. I tried to put the wires back in, in the correct order using the plug that they came out of. I did that but not sure the plug was fully in-tact. I ordered the P3 pro wire kit which includes the correct cable, I am hoping this works but if not was wondering if anyone had any other ideas what it might be? The ribbon cable looks to be in perfect condition. The unit will turn on and fire up but no connectivity with my tablet. Thank you for any information that might help get this thing back in the air. Oh... the reason it went down, one of the props I guess was not secured and came off mid-flight.

Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

• 20160504_210835.jpg
    20160504_210835.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 460
  • 20160504_210841.jpg
    20160504_210841.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 396
Replace the cable and then go from there. To speculate about what else may be damaged internally is just that - speculation. Take it step by step and replace any visible damage. In this case the cable. You got lucky. 2 feet from the pool!

Reactions: dronepilottampa
Replace the cable and then go from there. To speculate about what else may be damaged internally is just that - speculation. Take it step by step and replace any visible damage. In this case the cable. You got lucky. 2 feet from the pool!
Thank you, I am hoping it is just the cable....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31