Put a new set of carbon fiber blades on my P3

No matter the altitude, there is exactly the same force exerted on the blade to lift the same weight. Higher altitude only means they are spinning faster to hold up the same weight.
True, but different materials don't offer the same reaction when put under stress. Softer plastic props are going to give more under stress than carbon fiber ones.

Reactions: acherman
As compared to variable pitch helicopters, the difference with carbon fiber props on the P3 must be very subtle if any at all. The diameter on those single rotor birds get to 5+ feet in with a constant chord and variable forces where the rigidity is not just better but required. Plastic props on those things aren't even an option. They work quite well for the small diameter, subdued flying P3.

With that being said, who are we who judge if someone wants to spend an extra few bucks to experiment or bling it up? Get yourself a gold grill for all I care. More power to you. Truth be told very few of us really "need" a $1000+ flying toy but we did it anyways. :)

Reactions: FCS-04 and acherman
I bought them also. Haven't tried them out yet. You didn't notice any difference in flight performance? ****!

Looks good man! Pay no mind to the forum ninjas on here, as there's always a few on every site. They get a few likes and suddenly it's their obligation to share some unsolicited "advice" every time they get a notification of a new post. Anyways..nice bird man!

Reactions: swoopair
The carbon fibre props are a little quieter and I believed improve stability during the takeoff and landing phase with small inputs ... Or maybe they just look fantastic and I'm applying aesthetic appeal to performance! Seriously, the difference is subtle and to me worth the additional cost.

Reactions: acherman
Make sure you balance them. Mine were way off to start. Once balanced they are great.
I balanced them last night - have them with me today, hoping I can sneak away from work early. They weren't too bad out of the package. One was really close, the rest weren't off too much. One hub was much worse than the rest.

Looks good man! Pay no mind to the forum ninjas on here, as there's always a few on every site. They get a few likes and suddenly it's their obligation to share some unsolicited "advice" every time they get a notification of a new post. Anyways..nice bird man!

Well said.

First flights with my new DJI carbon fiber reinforced props today. 3 flights total. First one was to find an old pane crash in the hills, second was for distance (made it 4.7 km out before chickening out), third was just messing around. First impression - these props are definitely quieter than the stock white plastic props. If this hurricane-like rain we have at the moment stops, I will try to take some video to show the difference in the sound levels.

Reactions: bobmyers
Recieved mine today, hopefully it don't rain after work today, will test them and see how it goes.

If there any good or if I should stick to the normal ones, we shall see...

Attachments

• 1441280304040.jpg
    1441280304040.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 304
Test flight was good, nothing out of the ordinary.
P3 seemed normal, does have a very slight less buzz compared to the normal white props, handles the same, did not feel any different to normal props, was ever so slightly windy and did the same as my normal props would of done.

Will I buy again:
NO

Was it worth it:
NO (Could of bought 2 sets of normal white 9450 props, meaning 8 propellers in total)

Was it faster or did it respond faster:
NO

So far my verdict is its not really worth the extra money, stick to the normal white props, they are however stronger compared to the white props.

Thanks for the review. I was about to buy some tonight. I'm lucky enough to have a dealer who lives about a 20 minute drive away from me, so I didn't have to order and wait for delivery.

Thanks for the review. I was about to buy some tonight. I'm lucky enough to have a dealer who lives about a 20 minute drive away from me, so I didn't have to order and wait for delivery.

Honestly speaking...not worth it.

Spend the money on something else.

I don't see or feel any major difference with my carbon reinforced props from DJI either. It looks great though with those yellow stripes!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20