Put a new set of carbon fiber blades on my P3

LMAO some of these comments are pretty good. Thanks for the support from the others. I just did the easy thing and clicked the ignore button.

What the heck is wrong with some of you guys? Let the dude enjoy his new props.
Tell him how cool they look and move on. Why bash him about wasting money and stuff?
Ridiculous.

I completely agree. Ridiculous.

I had a crash into some pretty thick trees at about 22mph. Only one of mine broke and the center only broke out of it. They are pretty dang tough. The previous p3 broke 3 stock props in another crash running/falling about 50mph. I really like the carbon fibers better.

I give DJI the benefit of the doubt that they are better props. Not just prettier. Another thing is the plastic ones when stored can't have pressure on then otherwise they could become misshaped. Carbon ones being a lot stiffer should resist this.

DJI states that they don't change the flight of the P3 at all.

This ain't facebook -- if you miss it that much-- go back over there with your aggravating remarks to new forum members. They are quite insulting at times.
Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed!

Probably with a P1 I do recall a video which showed a phantom with CF blades oscillating up and down more when hovering near the ground.
A plausible explanation is that the more flexible standard props act like suspension so less correction is required.
On the other hand you may get slightly more snappy reaction to your inputs.
If you want to snap rather than be smooth.

They're awful blades. They do nothing beneficial. Carbon fiber is so stiff and translates more vibrations right to the camera. DJI plastic blades flex, which is what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you mean Carbon Fiber REINFORCED blades(DJI Brand) or are these some new offering from someone else that are actually 100% carbon fiber?

I purchased the carbon blades from DJI directly and they were quieter and I could fly a little faster. I'm guessing the extra rigidity of the blades provided these benefits. With mine the high pitch buzz was a bit softer than with the standard blades.

I'm not an engineer, but I thinking in case this Carbon fiber blade being stiffer, perhaps it could cause more vibration and additional detrition to the motors.

Louder air noise and vibration is often caused by unbalanced props. CF props are often out of balance, give them a spin on the balancer and see.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

DJI released proper carbon composite props (not pure carbon). This is what I have on my P3. They're supposed to give a bit more thrust. I'm not sure I can tell any difference over stock. My flight times are the same.

Props is something I would not screw around with. With every Phantom, there are rinky-dinky Chinese companies and USA resellers selling some random props with questionable quality control. There's been many a Phantom that crashed because these 'cool-looking' props failed in the air.

DJI released proper carbon composite props (not pure carbon). This is what I have on my P3. They're supposed to give a bit more thrust. I'm not sure I can tell any difference over stock. My flight times are the same.
DJI's marketing confused people with suggestions of more thrust.
What they meant was that the 9450 size props generated more thrust than the 9443 size that was originally supplied on the P2 series.
It was the increase in pitch (up from 4.3 inch to 5 inch) that gave the additional thrust, not the material the prop was made of.
All props for the P3 are 9550 size so the carbon reinforced props won't give any more thrust.

Well since I had several flights with CF blades the only real difference I have noticed is the drone is a lot slower. Maxing out at about 22mph. It does seem to fly more stable and I haven't noticed and vibration transferred to the video. All in all I don't think they make any kind of improvement to the stock blades.

@damitjim01 I bought after market CF blades from Drone World.

Reactions: damitjim01
What the heck is wrong with some of you guys? Let the dude enjoy his new props.
Tell him how cool they look and move on. Why bash him about wasting money and stuff?
Ridiculous.
There are some people here that are just like that - can't say anything without being negative. Have to ignore them. A week of reading here and you will figure out who they are.

Reactions: RobBarron

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4