Put a new set of carbon fiber blades on my P3

Reaction score
Just got them today from Drone World. Very fast shipping by the way. I put them on and took them out flying. I don't know if what I am saying makes sense but someone told me they would be quieter but they actually seem to have a higher louder pitch to me. Didn't notice any difference in speed. They look cool but are very tight with little flexibility and don't think they will hold up to a crash too well.

E1A6472E-AA83-4F88-874B-B4A75950AA3E_zpsmfeqyqte.jpg

Cool for static display, but that's it.

Reactions: ianwood
Yeah I agree. I am going to get a carbon fiber body sticker kit so that should make it look pretty cool/cooler!! lol.

Reactions: JohnK
"cool" is great, but all the "cool" in the world doesn't make anything any better. Its just more money down the shitter when ya crash it!

Reactions: MattyDread
I suspect these will either be tougher or more fragile than the plastic ones but they will be different. I think it's a mistake to just think all they offer is prettier looks. We've heard lots of stories of hairline fractures breaking in mid air. Perhaps these will lessen that?

Do they weigh less?

I'm reading all the posts from the pasts regarding CF blades NOT intending to get into another heated debate regarding the blades. Money's not everything Streve! I am new to the hobby and you live and learn. I will continue to fly with them and if I decide I don't like them I'll move on.

Reactions: acherman and JohnK
No one said you cant do what you want to do. But thinking that everyone is going to bring bring wine and smell like roses is a mistake. Say something publicly and expect the public to respond.

I give DJI the benefit of the doubt that they are better props. Not just prettier. Another thing is the plastic ones when stored can't have pressure on then otherwise they could become misshaped. Carbon ones being a lot stiffer should resist this.

Just got them today from Drone World. Very fast shipping by the way. I put them on and took them out flying. I don't know if what I am saying makes sense but someone told me they would be quieter but they actually seem to have a higher louder pitch to me. Didn't notice any difference in speed. They look cool but are very tight with little flexibility and don't think they will hold up to a crash too well.

E1A6472E-AA83-4F88-874B-B4A75950AA3E_zpsmfeqyqte.jpg
You're right, thin Carbon Fiber is very brittle.

Carbon is what I use. They work better for me at the higher altitudes. I start at 6200 feet. I do like that they will keep their shape. That could be why they work better in the thin air of Colorado.
No matter the altitude, there is exactly the same force exerted on the blade to lift the same weight. Higher altitude only means they are spinning faster to hold up the same weight.

Reactions: Erik Somoroff
Carbon is what I use. They work better for me at the higher altitudes. I start at 6200 feet. I do like that they will keep their shape. That could be why they work better in the thin air of Colorado.
If they work better for you in the thin air-- looks like a great choice! :):)

No one said you cant do what you want to do. But thinking that everyone is going to bring bring wine and smell like roses is a mistake. Say something publicly and expect the public to respond.

What the heck is wrong with some of you guys? Let the dude enjoy his new props.
Tell him how cool they look and move on. Why bash him about wasting money and stuff?
Ridiculous.

What the heck is wrong with some of you guys? Let the dude enjoy his new props.
Tell him how cool they look and move on. Why bash him about wasting money and stuff?
Ridiculous.
Welcome to public conversation! This kinda thing has been going on for 35 years. You will catch up. You might want to check out Facebook. They got the chit nailed!

Welcome to public conversation! This kinda thing has been going on for 35 years. You will catch up. You might want to check out Facebook. They got the chit nailed!
But it doesn't need to happen here does it. Ivory trade could stop overnight if people stopped buying it. Same for web behaviour.

Reactions: Louis_Eng and Bag1
This ain't facebook -- if you miss it that much-- go back over there with your aggravating remarks to new forum members. They are quite insulting at times.

I think I just compared you to an elephant poacher. Sorry about that [emoji12] not my intention.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31