Props Locking Mechanism and Battery Insert Question

Reaction score
Hey there - might be a silly question but as this is a new drone to me, I'm wondering something. A lot of the videos Ive watched, I recall people saying they loved that the props "click" when they lock in place. I have tried every which way and never feel any sort of "click" when I lock on the props on my P4P. ONE of the silver props does do a significant "shift" feeling when it locks in, the other three do not do anything and I am forever pulling on them to make sure they really are on. Is that normal? So far have not had any issues, but I just find it odd that Im not feeling / hearing any sort of locking indication on the props, aside from one of them. That one is also a little harder to get off than the other three, it resists the unlock direction a tad.

Battery inserting - another silly question, probably. Again, when I've watched videos of people inserting and removing the battery, they make it look so effortless - pops out, pushes in - especially when putting the battery in, it looks like most people just force it in - they don't pinch the two buttons on either side first. I've tried (gently) doing that, and the battery will not go in unless I push the two levers/buttons. And then once it is in, I'm always a little paranoid that the mechanism for the two buttons holding the battery in actually sprang back up properly on the inside. And removing the battery - maybe it just takes getting used to, but I still have to pull pretty hard to get it out once the buttons are pressed....

Still learning the quirks of this drone so please bear with me and my silly questions!

A lot of the videos Ive watched, I recall people saying they loved that the props "click" when they lock in place. I have tried every which way and never feel any sort of "click" when I lock on the props on my P4P.
They could make an audible clicking sound depending on how you attach them. If you press the prop down and turn it until it stops, it should pop up slightly when it's in the notched area of the prop hub. At that point, you shouldn't be able to twist the prop if you try to turn it. That's how you know when it's properly locked into place.

I've tried (gently) doing that, and the battery will not go in unless I push the two levers/buttons.
You have to slide the battery in with some force if you don't depress the buttons before sliding it in.

I'm always a little paranoid that the mechanism for the two buttons holding the battery in actually sprang back up properly on the inside.
Same here. I always try pulling the battery out to see if it'll budge at all.

And removing the battery - maybe it just takes getting used to, but I still have to pull pretty hard to get it out once the buttons are pressed
Same here. Some batteries are easier to remove than others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen