propellers in the shot? problem with the drone?

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new drone pilot and took a Phantom 4 Pro+ out to test today and I've just noticed in the footage that sometimes the propellers are in the shot. Here's a link to a very shot clip that shows them in the shot:

Is this normal? Is there a problem with the drone?
Thanks in advance, Paul

Please post the clip so we can check it out.

Hi, I am a new drone pilot and took a Phantom 4 Pro+ out to test today and I've just noticed in the footage that sometimes the propellers are in the shot. Here's a link to a very shot clip that shows them in the shot:

Is this normal? Is there a problem with the drone?
If you have the camera at an angle that has it looking through the propellers, you will see them in the frame.
The Phantom tilts forward when moving forward.
Move faster, it tilts more.
If you had the camera at zero degrees in hover it won't be looking through the props, but push the right stick forward and the camera stays level even though the Phantom has tilted forward which puts the props in the frame.
Solution - fly slower and/or tilt the camera down more.

It's hard to tell what's going on in that clip since it's so short.

Solution - fly slower and/or tilt the camera down more.
In addition to these tips, you could fly backward if you need to fly fast and/or take a shot with the camera angled upward.

Reactions: Meta4
Thanks for both of these tips. I filmed again today and brought the camera down a notch, which helped a lot. The propellers are no longer in the frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20