Problems taking videos.

I think you can test it buy just turning the power on, leave the motors off, and try a couple min recording.

Rod

As I don't have a "cache locally when recording" option on my Phantom 3 standard screen, I do have a "cache during video shooting". Possibly that is the same thing? There is also a "Cache Map in the Background" as well and that one has been turned on forever. Does this make sense?

I knew you were using iOS, but I didn't have my iPad with me to check the exact wording, I got it from my Android phone instead. Looks like you should be all set to go now.

I think you can test it buy just turning the power on, leave the motors off, and try a couple min recording.

Rod
Thanks Rod, I did that and it recorded but when I went to the Flight List nothing was there. I guess one has to actually be airborne for that to work. I clicked the little arrow on the bottom right corner and saw the video. Don't know why it didn't transfer to the Flight List.

Did you sync to the DJI Cloud?

The video plays on your mobile or not?

I have actually in time gave up on there flight history sync, I had a P3S, had to send it in for repair firmware killed it, They sent back a different Bird, different Remote. That messed up the sync, now I had two different birds listed.

I crashed it once, didn't make it back on a RTH, sent it in for repair, they sent me back the same bird and remote. But the name changed or something, don't recall. Now I had another bird in my list, three different names, syncing between iPad, Android, they were all goofed up.

Another firmware killed it again. Sent in for repair, got the same bird back different remote, they changed a part in the Phantom. Hum now I had another name on the entries now it was really goofed up.

I recall something now, I had few bird names and few different profiles.

I mostly use Litchi, only use DJI-Go for settings on the Phantom that DJI doesn't allow Litchi to change.

Litchi saves their flights differently. :rolleyes:

Rod

I have actually in time gave up on there flight history sync, I had a P3S, had to send it in for repair firmware killed it, They sent back a different Bird, different Remote. That messed up the sync, now I had two different birds listed.

I crashed it once, didn't make it back on a RTH, sent it in for repair, they sent me back the same bird and remote. But the name changed or something, don't recall. Now I had another bird in my list, three different names, syncing between iPad, Android, they were all goofed up.

Another firmware killed it again. Sent in for repair, got the same bird back different remote, they changed a part in the Phantom. Hum now I had another name on the entries now it was really goofed up.

I mostly use Litchi, only use DJI-Go for settings on the Phantom that DJI doesn't allow Litchi to change.

Rod

Rod
Yes, I have backed up all flights to the cloud. Wow, sounds like you have really been through the mill. Don't know if I could muster up the patience to contend with all that. I use Hangar Flight School because of the ease of pre-programming flights. I too use the DJI-Go app and then switch over to my Hangar app. It is a lot to study but to me, it is well worth it. When I first thought about it, I had heard some horror stories about Litchi so decided against it. Anyway, I enjoy the Hangar program. Weather here rains and its windy so much of the time so I am not able to fly as often as I can. I wish that dji would have come out with a better manual that covered camera and video settings. I fly pretty well but photography is tough for me but will continue to try anything that sounds reasonable. to try to improve my skills with video's and photos. In the future, I plan on purchasing a Phantom 4 Pro but waiting till new models come out probably in April - May sometime. I'm not in a big hurry but like the ability to change frequencies when in a "noisy" area and there are plenty around where I fly.
Thanks again Rod for all your help and not giving up on what at times seemed very confusing I am sure.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT