Problems taking videos.

Ok, Fresh start,
Now your turn for some testing. ;)

Rod

Ok, Fresh start,
Now your turn for some testing. ;)

Rod
Thanks Rod,
I flew today and no change. All I can view is the track recording. I can see the video on my PC when I transfer it from the SD card, but not able to see in on my iPad. I used to be able to see all video on my iPad Air 2, but not now. Apparently something in the camera/video settings has changed. I don't remember changing anything but that is just my memory works at my age. It must not be too difficult to change some settings but I don't know where to start. I am running iOS 11, APP ver. 3.2.23, and A/C ver. 1.9.20 if that helps. Any and all suggestions will be greatly received and appreciated.

That sounds like you have video cache turned off. Under general settings in the app make sure "cache locally when recording" is turned on.

Yeah, I'm getting more confused.
I thought he had two problems, your answer yes, check the cache and I also thought he couldn't record to SD card.
I guess that's not the case.

Rod

That sounds like you have video cache turned off. Under general settings in the app make sure "cache locally when recording" is turned on.
As I don't have a "cache locally when recording" option on my Phantom 3 standard screen, I do have a "cache during video shooting". Possibly that is the same thing? There is also a "Cache Map in the Background" as well and that one has been turned on forever. Does this make sense?

Yeah, I'm getting more confused.
I thought he had two problems, your answer yes, check the cache and I also thought he couldn't record to SD card.
I guess that's not the case.

Rod
Rod, I thought that I couldn't record on the SD card because when I opened the Flight List, I wasn't able to watch the videos. just a couple of snapshots. Sorry that I caused the confusion as that wasn't my intention. The SD is recording the video. I plugged in the A/C to my PC and downloaded the videos and can watch them there but not able to view them on my iPad anymore. All that I can see is the recorded flight path.

"cache during video shooting" Yes, that is the correct wording, I had to check.

Rod

You do get live camera view?
And you have "Cleared Video Cache" ?
What is your "Maximum Video Cache Capacity"?

Rod

Rod, I thought that I couldn't record on the SD card because when I opened the Flight List, I wasn't able to watch the videos. just a couple of snapshots. Sorry that I caused the confusion as that wasn't my intention. The SD is recording the video. I plugged in the A/C to my PC and downloaded the videos and can watch them there but not able to view them on my iPad anymore. All that I can see is the recorded flight path.
Yeah, two different things.

Rod

As I don't have a "cache locally when recording" option on my Phantom 3 standard screen, I do have a "cache during video shooting". Possibly that is the same thing? There is also a "Cache Map in the Background" as well and that one has been turned on forever. Does this make sense?

Attachments

• IMG_0056.PNG
    IMG_0056.PNG
    933.9 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0057.PNG
    IMG_0057.PNG
    957.1 KB · Views: 227
Yeah, just looked a them, that's the right section.
Have you "Cleared Video Cache" ?

Rod

Its like formatting the SD card, if your cache is full or corrupt it wouldn't be able to save your videos.

Rod

Its like formatting the SD card, if your cache is full or corrupt it wouldn't be able to save your videos.

Rod
Thank you, I will clear it now. So I should select the "Clear Cache Automatically" and then go down and click on "Clear Video Cache"? That won't affect anything in my Flight List will it?

Thank you, I will clear it now. So I should select the "Clear Cache Automatically" and then go down and click on "Clear Video Cache"? That won't affect anything in my Flight List will it?
It says delete 421.8 MB Video Cache when I select the "Clear Video Cache"

Don't really matter, just that it gets cleared.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT