Problems taking videos.

Reaction score
IMG_0046.PNG
HELP!!! My Phantom 3 Standard has stopped taking video for some reason. I have taken many videos before but lately, it seems like it just takes a periodic photo and not video. When I go to my Flight List only a couple of photos shows up and no video at all. The camera has been set to auto and on video. When I press to take a video, it starts recording and shows the time elapsing but when I go to Flight List, all I see is a couple of photos. I never noticed it before but the little icon above the video button has two circular arrows with a video camera in the center of it and a small camera at about the 4 o'clock position between the beginning of one of the circular arrows and the end of the other circular arrows. Hope this makes sense to you. Possibly I changes something but I don't know what it could be. Any ideas?
I am sitting at my desk trying to figure this out so as you can see, not enough satellites ect.ect. Just wanted to show my screen.

Last edited:
in your flight log you will only see a maximum of 4 low resolution thumbnails , your photos are store on the sd card in your phantom , the icon with the arrows is to switch between photos or video , you must select one option , then press the red shutter button to start/stop video or take a photo , low resolution video will only appear on your device if you have set " cache video while recording "

Thank you, I believe that I understand what you are saying. I will look at my settings and make sure that I change it to, “cache video while recording “.

What would a better setting be for me at this point? I know so little about the camera and the settings. That is why I had set it to auto thinking that the camera would take care of the settings until I learn more about them.

Hi Sea Pilot. Fellow P3S pilot myself. I have only had my drone for a year but I have only done about 400 hours flying. Been making notes and learning the rest of the time. If I may tell you what I have done - stranded in a landlocked country with the nearest physical help about 2000 miles away.
Go onto the net and check out the tutorial videos - tap in Phantom 3 tutorials - there are a ton there - you can refine it to 3 standard and even by subject - camera / POI ETC. - rewind - rewind and rewind and make notes. I have learnt so much doing this - my user manual is now twice the size from the original download. I find that when I get out into the field, I remember the steps to take without reference to the notes - because I did so much rewinding.
Secondly, take your time. Fire up all your components and take the time to calibrate, set your flying settings - set up all your camera settings and then fly. So much more enjoyable when it is all set up.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Hi Sea Pilot. Fellow P3S pilot myself. I have only had my drone for a year but I have only done about 400 hours flying. Been making notes and learning the rest of the time. If I may tell you what I have done - stranded in a landlocked country with the nearest physical help about 2000 miles away.
Go onto the net and check out the tutorial videos - tap in Phantom 3 tutorials - there are a ton there - you can refine it to 3 standard and even by subject - camera / POI ETC. - rewind - rewind and rewind and make notes. I have learnt so much doing this - my user manual is now twice the size from the original download. I find that when I get out into the field, I remember the steps to take without reference to the notes - because I did so much rewinding.
Secondly, take your time. Fire up all your components and take the time to calibrate, set your flying settings - set up all your camera settings and then fly. So much more enjoyable when it is all set up.
Thank you my friend, I shall do this. Thanks again.

A reformat of the sd card may help.

I agree.

If it were me, I would check the videos on the SD card, which may be full. I don’t know if this would cause the problem, but my second suggestion is to format the SD. If you format first, you won’t be able to retrieve whatever is already on it.

Yes, reformat the SD card in the Phantom with the app.
This is step#1 when you have video recording issues.

Rod

Wondering if card is full enough to not have room for any more videos. Yea. Reformat.

I agree.

If it were me, I would check the videos on the SD card, which may be full. I don’t know if this would cause the problem, but my second suggestion is to format the SD. If you format first, you won’t be able to retrieve whatever is already on it.
Thanks Dave, The video card had been formatted just a couple of weeks ago. Its a 64GB card.

Reactions: Brother Dave
Thanks Dave, The video card had been formatted just a couple of weeks ago. Its a 64GB card.

I guess I'm missing something, did this fix it?

Rod

I guess I'm missing something, did this fix it?

Rod
No it didn't, I think that I need to find out how to make all the right settings in all the right places. Seems like it is difficult to find anything on all the settings like a tutorial, video, or the like.

No it didn't, I think that I need to find out how to make all the right settings in all the right places. Seems like it is difficult to find anything on all the settings like a tutorial, video, or the like.
Have you format it recently like since you started this thread?

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan