Problem With Video Display

Reaction score
I am unable to upload a clip of the video I am having the problem with but for a short amount of time on the footage you can see faint horizontal black and white lines flickering. Whats causing this? thanks.

Was it sunny out? That often happens when the sun shines through props.

A lens hood usually resolves that issue. I cannot recommend any for the P3 -- but, you should try something like this.

Last edited:
It was and I was facing into the sun but I have never seen that effect before. Are you confident that would be it? thanks

Are you confident that would be it? thanks

Well, its not like we have much to go on but I'd certainly agree that is what is sounds like. Put a piece of black tape on the top of the camera next time and see if it goes away. The tape should be 1/2 on the camera and 1/2 over hanging the front of the camera.

Reactions: Horton
Was it sunny out? That often happens when the sun shines through props.

A lens hood usually resolves that issue. I cannot recommend any for the P3 -- but, you should try something like this:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...ep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

I am having a similar issue, but I was hoping that I could get confirmation that it's because the sun was shining though the props. If not, what could be the issue?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Benjamin Jarvis, nothing else causes that issue. If you don't want to try a lens hood, then try an ND filter. You'll probably need one anyhow at some point -- especially if you plan on editing your videos afterwards.

Benjamin Jarvis, nothing else causes that issue. If you don't want to try a lens hood, then try an ND filter. You'll probably need one anyhow at some point -- especially if you plan on editing your videos afterwards.

Have any suggestions for ND filters?

You can find all of the commonly used lens filters here.

So far, I have tried the Ditzler Photo filters and the SRP GND16-8 and SRP ND16/CP filters. The Ditzler Photo filters are inexpensive, tedious to handle, and most likely will be tough to clean. The SRP's have glass lenses -- which worked out well for me over the weekend when I had to clean some bugs from them. I don't think the Ditzler Photo filters would have held up well with the amount of pressure I had to use to clean them. The only thing I don't like about the SRP's is that it takes a fair amount of force to slide the filter on and off. They could have made them a bit looser. SRP is the only company that makes a graduated filter -- which works very well when the sky is bright.

A lot of people are using the Polar Pro 3-pack or 6-pack. If you decide to go with those, get the 6-pack. The ND4 and PL filters will not be usable for most people -- unless it's always very cloudy where you fly.

The TACO-RC filters look nice too. I'm thinking of picking those up next. A lot of people are saying they are nicer than the Polar Pro filters. And, those are people who have tried both.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic