Problem with launching Litchi on Galaxy Tab S2

Reaction score
I have problems with launching Litchi on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (even after uninstalling DJI GO 4). When I start RC and my Phantom 4 Pro and plug USB cable, Litchi always starts (is set as default), but showing the state DISCONNECTED permanently. Then I must restart Android, and often it is enough for Litchi to see the drone correctly. But not always. Sometimes I must repeat several times the whole procedure with killing Litchi, plugging USB cable and after Litchi starts in DISCONNECTED state – restarting the system. Hot or cold restart doesn't seems to make any difference.

The good thing is that once Litchi finally connects to the drone, it always works perfectly for a long time and never stops working, while DJI GO 4 often stops working even during the flight.

Perhaps someone here had a similar problem and found the solution or some experts know what to do with such a nuisance

TIA for any help or suggestions
kilhan

I have problems with launching Litchi on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
This is also what I have been using ( Galaxy Tab S2 (( SMT-710)). Have no issues. Do you have the USB configured correctly through developer options?

Thanks for a suggestion. But I can't find such options in my Android. Where should it be and how it should be set?

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Thanks. I'll try it tomorrow. I'm in Poland and it's midnight now

Unfortunately enabling USB debugging didn’t solve the problem. Successful connection of Lichi with the RC still requires repeating the whole procedure with rebooting between 2 and 6 times! I start suspecting the Android version. BTW, which version of Android do you use?

Android 7 ( Nougat ).....

Android 7 ( Nougat ).....

Might be a little late here but I have battled connection issues with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (model SM-T713) for two flying seasons. This year I updated tablet to Android 7 as well as DJI GO and Litchi figuring things couldn't get worse... ...wrong.

I will spare you all of the gory details of getting it to work with Android 6 as I had to I start all over with the headaches at Android 7 this week and DJI/Litchi updates. (my old process wasn't working anymore)

For the updated setup I have found the following process works fairly reliably for me as well as having both DJI Go 4 and Litchi (latest versions) installed and easily switching between them.

This is a "cludge" but it is functional for me.

In Android 7 Settings
- I have developer options enabled.
- USB debugging set to ON

You do not need to be connected to aircraft to start and verify if you connected, only the tablet and the remote need to be powered on at this point. You will know if you can connect before even turning the Phantom on (Phantom 4 here) and save battery if you have a connection glitch.

Start with tablet and controller connected via USB cable. Power on Radio first, Power on Galaxy Tab, boot and login to home screen.

On Galaxy Tab go to --> Settings --> Developer Options --> USB configuration

Select "RNDIS (USB Ethernet)".

At this point one of two things will happen.

One...

You will be presented with a dialog asking which application to launch for the USB device (in my Case DJI Go 4 or Litchi) Pick which you want to launch. You also will have the option of "Just Once" or "Always"

I pick "Just Once" because the app works fine and allows me to select again the next time I boot because I may want to run DJI Go 4. (It just saves me from going into the app settings and clearing defaults if I want to switch flight apps).

Now if things went smooth, you will be in Litchi (Or DJI Go) and instead of the the "DISCONNECTED" error your will see "SIGNAL LOST" (litchi) which means the radio and the app are connected, just no signal from bird... Power on your P4 and you will be blessed with a green connected. Obviously you could have the bird powered up before hand. I choose to save battery while I get the S2 to cooperate.

Or..... Scenario 2.

You select "RNDIS (USB Ethernet)" and you are presented with the select app dialog stuck in a loop of asking for which app to launch but continually disappears/reappears before you can select an option... you need to perform the following

- Power Off Radio,

- Select "RNDIS (USB Ethernet)" One more time in USB developer settings

- Power up radio again.

Things should now work and you can select Litchi or DJI Go from the dialog and select "Just Once" or "Always" based on your preferences.

Just remember, if you select Always, you will have "clear defaults" in Android APP settings if you want to switch fight apps later.

I just ran through this last night and flew with it today so I may discover a better process eventualy but for now I am flying with my otherwise worthless $300 Galaxy Tab.

Hopefully this can help get even just 1 person over this frustrating behavior!

PS

I also have an iPhone and iPad which both just work no fuss.

I bought the Galaxy Tab S2 as a dedicated Drone tablet because its fast quad core, has a fairly bright screen and has a great size/form factor for my needs. Most importantly it has on board GPS for updating home point and keeping map orientation. (unlike my iPad... thanks Apple!)

Good Luck!

Riff

Reactions: Neon Euc
Todd got it spot on... The main problem is you picked litchi to start as default all the time. That causes issues as DJI wants to start up and open up but litchi got in there first causing a battle. All you have to do is reset the casch so every time you go out to fly you have to pick an option of which app to use. That will work all the time that way [emoji4]

Start with tablet and controller connected via USB cable. Power on Radio first, Power on Galaxy Tab, boot and login to home screen.
The only difference here with the sequence I use and have used with zero issues, is:

Tablet and controller connected --------> Turn on tablet, boot to home screen -------> Turn on RC, select Litchi one time only ------> Power up AC. That's it. Works flawlessly for me. I have touched nothing else in developer options other than noted in post #4. Good you got a sequence that works for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20