polar pro warning

The Chinese carbon fibre ones on eBay are thin, stiff, light and cheap. You can can get away with not securing it with cable ties as it has slotted teeth that will tongue into the plastic profile of the stock landing gear. Worst case without ties is that it will absorb impact before breaking free.

The camera easily clears it during startup calibration.

Last edited:
Better option here, made from abs plastic and looks like a Stock Item.
Phantom 3 Bottom Gimbal Protector
Screen_Shot_2015-08-04_at_11.35.52_PM_1024x1024.png
Hi martin just wanted to know wear did you get your gimbal guard from kind regards Craig

Hi, I have been searching for the clip on landing gear extensions that you have on your skids. Do they work OK? Where did you get them? Thanks in advance! Phil
Hi. Yes they work very well, I'm in Canada I get them from henrys.com but you can find them on Amazon. Just let me know
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452833626.029036.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452833707.469145.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452833742.120337.jpg

Hi. Yes they work very well, I'm in Canada I get them from henrys.com but you can find them on Amazon. Just let me knowView attachment 40557View attachment 40558View attachment 40559
Hi just wanted to say dos the leg sections show up when taken pictures and video. Because as for the gimbal guard it catchers on camera as I showed in my polar pro waning I some how don't think polar pro tests all they products please let me know Regards Craig.

I decided against the cam guard.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have their gimbal guard and it doesn't catch at all. The tolerance is really tight though. It could be a combination of that and the gimbal. I am sure that every gimbal doesn't hang exactly the same and that could make it a hit or miss proposition.

I've had no issues what so ever with the Polar Pro bottom gimbal protector ever hitting the camera or gimbal. There is a "right" way and a wrong way to install so that must be the issue to those of you with it hitting

I've had no issues what so ever with the Polar Pro bottom gimbal protector ever hitting the camera or gimbal. There is a "right" way and a wrong way to install so that must be the issue to those of you with it hitting

If camera is not hitting gimbal protector then you haven't installed it properly according to Polar Pro.

Reactions: 2nd2non

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj