Ping Tracker

I did some research but could not find an active website for the Drone Mods tracker, but I did find a link to an older thread on this subject. According to the poster, Drone Mods went out of business sometime after December 2017. There was a reference to that tracker using 2G on the AT&T network.
Mine last worked early Dec 2017. I forget the name of the company but I believed they had their own service. Some very large communications company.

Found it...GTX Corp

Last edited:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's close to a year before a majority of people actually see one. Not to throw cold water on anyone's hopes (because I know how that feels) but, the last time I signed up to buy the latest and greatest technology similar to this type of effort, it turned into a very long waiting game, even for the folks (like me) who got in on the first wave. I'd get occasional updates from them saying, essentially, "Hey, we didn't forget about you. It's just taking a lot longer than we expected." As with a lot of engineering driven efforts, they kept revising the design to cram more features into the device right up to when they started producing them. They kept apologizing for the delay, to the point where you could tell they were very uncomfortable with the progress. I eventually got mine, something close to a year after I signed up and paid my money. By then, I'd already found something else that would do much the same thing and I'd forgotten all about the device, until it showed up in my mailbox one day. I signed up for a Ping, and I hope they become available in something significantly less than a year, because it sounds like a much more cost effective solution to tracking your drone than Marco Polo. Until then, there's a lot of other things that will have my attention. Good luck to anyone else who's "on the list".

I bought Trackimo right after the P4P. It works well, doesn’t weigh much and the battery, depending on how one configures desired reporting, has a long life. I have used it when traveling and it never missed a beat. It rides on the P4P every flight.

Jim

My Ping is finally in transit.

Ping.png

Reactions: KentA
I shall see soon. USPS is showing it's going to arrive on Saturday.

Some eye candy for you...

IMG_4677.JPG

IMG_4679.JPG

IMG_4681.JPG

IMG_4682.JPG

IMG_4684.JPG

IMG_4686.JPG

IMG_4689.JPG

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4694.JPG

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
IMG_4699.JPG

IMG_4701.JPG

IMG_4705.JPG

IMG_4708.JPG

IMG_4709.JPG

IMG_4711.JPG

IMG_4713.JPG

Here's the sound the Ping GPS tracker plays to help you locate it. Anyone recognize the tune? :)

Reactions: jakobe75

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl