Ping Tracker

Ping GPS trackers have started shipping. Check their latest update here.

View attachment 95420
So if you don't get a beta, sometime in late March they will produce another 2000 which will take minimum 90 days for manufacture and delivery so maybe June/July. According to the site they only sold 6500 pieces so some folks are in for a LONG WAIT..... Wonder why they wouldnt just make all that are needed and paid for after Beta? Then again a million can draw some nice interest.

Msinger...... I hope you got more then one so you can ship one to me for additional testing !!!!!! Yes/No !! ...lol

I'm just hoping to get mine soon so @bkushner stops doubting it's coming ;)

Reactions: John Locke
I don't think he's doubting its arrival, just the time frame !!

As previously stated, if it works like it's supposed to it will be the greatest thing since sliced bread !

If there are issues after the first/beta release, the second release could be a while.

I'm just hoping to get mine soon so @bkushner stops doubting it's coming ;)
It just seems to me they claimed when first announcing that it was all designed and tested and now they use testing as an excuse for it being a year late and now they are releasing "beta" models. Surely it's tested.In other words they should have been at full production months ago. But like I said if they are sitting on 1 mil plus for all the time that's a lot of INTEREST$$$$

Wasn't the first estimated ship date always October 2017? If so, they aren't too far off from that estimate. If it's a good device, I'll just be really happy to be able get one sooner than later.

Wasn't the first estimated ship date always October 2017? If so, they aren't too far off from that estimate. If it's a good device, I'll just be really happy to be able get one sooner than later.
Most won't receive until almost a year from promised date.

On the wait list along with millions of others.

$99 incl the 1st years of service is reasonable. It's the following years that scare me... like once they "got you" locked in.

My Direc_tv went from $40/mo to $118/mo. Yeah I'm in the country, they got me.

Most won't receive until almost a year from promised date.
I guess some folks might have been a bit salty by now if Ping had named a hard and fast delivery date. That wasn't the case though. They only gave us an estimated shipping date.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's close to a year before a majority of people actually see one. Not to throw cold water on anyone's hopes (because I know how that feels) but, the last time I signed up to buy the latest and greatest technology similar to this type of effort, it turned into a very long waiting game, even for the folks (like me) who got in on the first wave. I'd get occasional updates from them saying, essentially, "Hey, we didn't forget about you. It's just taking a lot longer than we expected." As with a lot of engineering driven efforts, they kept revising the design to cram more features into the device right up to when they started producing them. They kept apologizing for the delay, to the point where you could tell they were very uncomfortable with the progress. I eventually got mine, something close to a year after I signed up and paid my money. By then, I'd already found something else that would do much the same thing and I'd forgotten all about the device, until it showed up in my mailbox one day. I signed up for a Ping, and I hope they become available in something significantly less than a year, because it sounds like a much more cost effective solution to tracking your drone than Marco Polo. Until then, there's a lot of other things that will have my attention. Good luck to anyone else who's "on the list".

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's close to a year before a majority of people actually see one. Not to throw cold water on anyone's hopes (because I know how that feels) but, the last time I signed up to buy the latest and greatest technology similar to this type of effort, it turned into a very long waiting game, even for the folks (like me) who got in on the first wave. I'd get occasional updates from them saying, essentially, "Hey, we didn't forget about you. It's just taking a lot longer than we expected." As with a lot of engineering driven efforts, they kept revising the design to cram more features into the device right up to when they started producing them. They kept apologizing for the delay, to the point where you could tell they were very uncomfortable with the progress. I eventually got mine, something close to a year after I signed up and paid my money. By then, I'd already found something else that would do much the same thing and I'd forgotten all about the device, until it showed up in my mailbox one day. I signed up for a Ping, and I hope they become available in something significantly less than a year, because it sounds like a much more cost effective solution to tracking your drone than Marco Polo. Until then, there's a lot of other things that will have my attention. Good luck to anyone else who's "on the list".

Does anyone know someone who received one of these yet?

Ping released a new update today. In short, all went pretty well with the 100 beta testers, a few tweaks have been made, and mass production has been started. See more details here.

Ping posted another new update here. They are getting ready to start shipping out to US backers.

Ping posted another new update here. They are getting ready to start shipping out to US backers.
Wow 500...wondering why they are getting so few and taking so long. At this rate the orders won't be filled for another year or two. I'm still trying to find ONE person reporting they have the device.

Reactions: sshephard
Not sure. You should contact Ping and report back.
Since I didn't order and not waiting doesn't matter to me. I was hoping it would come out and be good. However new technology will be out before they distribute...they are getting nice interest on the millions they raised!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl