Phantom3 possible rc problem

Its a friends drone ,hes just gave it to me to hqve a look yes it was all fine until he did the update so im.not sure what hes done , i thought maybe hadnt updated the rc but ive tried to update it via the drone as i cant connect to the app but it wont update the rc
Ok it sounds linked if green on rc and ac,,if you can control drone it is linked but not talking to app,,,,check USB configuration on device,,,,,also to check firmware it might show with press and hold 3 black lines top right
20210104_095257.jpg

Reactions: KachemakDiver
When you tap the connect tab on your device screen, what does it show on the screen?
Wheb i open dji go and go into pro it says how to connect , i follow the steps and then it should show enter camera view but just stays on how to.connect

Yes, it sounds like a bad USB port board. What is odd though, is that it was working at the time of the attempted update. That alone shouldn’t have messed up the board.

its such a strange one
Welcome to the forum.

FYI that being stuck on the “How to Connect” screen is a relatively common complaint here on the forum, so it’s not as strange as you think.

I’m curious, what type of mobile device are you using?

Also, you mentioned that you tried to update the RC via the AC. Did I misunderstand?

Yes, it sounds like a bad USB port board. What is odd though, is that it was working at the time of the attempted update. That alone shouldn’t have messed up the board.
Thats the only thing making me thunk it isnt the board that was my first thoight but y did it work before update ye

Welcome to the forum.

FYI that being stuck on the “How to Connect” screen is a relatively common complaint here on the forum, so it’s not as strange as you think.

Also, you mentioned that you tried to update the RC via the AC. Did I misunderstand?
I’m sure glad you are here to help @Oso ?

Welcome to the forum.

Yes we have tried a iphone 11 , huawei phone galaxy a71 and a android tablet neithr connects and yes watched a video where ot told.me.to.update firmware on drone then connect.drone to the rc to.update.the rc

Just a thought here,,is this device you use to conect,is this your mates phone or yours ?,are you signed in to DJI,, with your email,,it might need logging in to conect,,

Ha show it one of these it might suddenly wake up lol,na serious those 3 lines top right to check firmware does it show a roll back version,if was ok before firmware update we need to rewind somehow,sometimes there a option here,I dont have pro so cant check,,,was the update fast or take ages,,I just ask incase something in cam got hot during this time
20210104_104019.jpg

Ha show it one of these it might suddenly wake up lol,na serious those 3 lines top right to check firmware does it show a roll back version,if was ok before firmware update we need to rewind somehow,sometimes there a option here,I dont have pro so cant check,,,was the update fast or take ages,,I just ask incase something in cam got hot during this timeView attachment 121135
Haha thats what i feel like doing haha yep ive looked into can i revers the updated apparabtly not on this version, im not sure how long the update took as its not my drone ill ask now though

The P3P requires a specific sequence to acquire connection - at least both of my P3Ps do. Any deviation from this sequence and mine will not connect.
1) turn on controller
2) turn on battery
3) turn on mobile device (e.g., iPhone)
4) plug in cable from controller to device
5) click on DJI Go app
6) cross your fingers
Good luck.

The P3P requires a specific sequence to acquire connection - at least both of my P3Ps do. Any deviation from this sequence and mine will not connect.
1) turn on controller
2) turn on battery
3) turn on mobile device (e.g., iPhone)
4) plug in cable from controller to device
5) click on DJI Go app
6) cross your fingers
Good luck.
Well, what ever works for any one person. Out of, I lost count of how many P3P’s and P3A’s I’ve owned over the past couple years, it doesn’t matter the sequence of what was started up or plugged in first. It will connect if everything is working properly. This has been my observation.

Reactions: BigL and Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31