Just bought a P3A, No Camera Button in DJI Go App

So, you did press the link button on the Aircraft itself right? If so, that to me says even more so that there is a mismatch, since you said that you could start the motors, etc... The RC is transmitting to the Aircraft, but the Aircraft is not transmitting back to the RC, or the RC is not receiving the transmission. You can verify that by looking to see if there was a flight log recorded. If not, then that theory is confirmed.

Yes, I'm pressing the button on the Aircraft. I've only started the motors once to make sure it worked, never tried flying it so I'm not sure if there would be a flight log or not.

It looks like if the firmware is v1.3.20 or higher you have to update through the Go App. I can see from the log by the previous owner that it came with v1.6 on it, and I put 1.11 on last night. If it is a mismatch, I'm still screwed since the only way to update the firmware is through the Go App and it won't connect to any of my devices.

When you attempted to update the firmware on the RC, were you (1) Connected to the internet? and (2) Did you have the AC turned off. ( It should not be on).

When you attempted to update the firmware on the RC, were you (1) Connected to the internet? and (2) Did you have the AC turned off. ( It should not be on).

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by connected to the internet. My phone is connected to the internet but since I can't get into Camera View, I can't update the RC through the Go App. I had been trying to update the RC through the SD Card, USB Drive and by connecting to the AC itself but none of those things connect to the internet.

I tried all of the above with the AC both on and off, except for the last one, the AC has to be on to upgrade RC firmware from the AC.

Your device is what I was referring to. And from what you are saying, it appears you were doing it correctly. Something is very amiss. Ok, silly question, but I will ask. When you saw the greyed out inspire on the screen, did you screen swipe to go through the aircraft list?

Your device is what I was referring to. And from what you are saying, it appears you were doing it correctly. Something is very amiss. Ok, silly question, but I will ask. When you saw the greyed out inspire on the screen, did you screen swipe to go through the aircraft list?

No worries, I'll take silly questions at this point. Yes, I swipe over right to the Phantom and immediately see the "How to Connect" button, doesn't matter which version of the Phantom 3 I choose from the dropdown, it always says "How to Connect". And just to clarify, the grayed out Camera button on the Inspire screen is there whether I'm connected to the RC or not, and shows the exact same thing when I click it whether I'm connected to the RC or not.

Thanks for trying to help!

Ok, next step. Un-install both go and Litchi from the device. Re-download and re-install Go Only. Once you do that, go ahead an open DJI Go, without RC connections. (2) Force close DJI Go. (3) Connect your phone to the RC while you have an internet connection. (4) Unlock your phone to your home screen. (4) Power on the RC [ At this point you should get a popup for a default application. Choose DJI GO and just once] See if that gets you anything.

Also, in developer options make sure the following are enabled:

1( USB Debugging)
2( Verify Apps via USB)
3( Force GPU rendering)

Everything else disabled
This works with Android 7 I know, I use it.

Just to add a note, I am assuming you created a DJI account. You may have to log in when you re-download the app.

Just to add a note, I am assuming you created a DJI account. You may have to log in when you re-download the app.

Should I login and accept all the terms before the force close and plugging in the RC for the first time?

I can see from the log by the previous owner that it came with v1.6 on it, and I put 1.11 on last night. If it is a mismatch, I'm still screwed since the only way to update the firmware is through the Go App and it won't connect to any of my devices.
AC1.6 is an older encryption which was changed with AC1.8. RC1.6 was released at the same time as AC1.8 so that the encryption would match. Since your P3A was advertised as working, it's most likely that it arrived without a mismatch and we just needed to work the connection to your mobile device. Since you now updated your AC to 1.11 (above 1.8) you have most likely created a mismatch with your RC's FW. We'll also need to work on that one.

Reactions: JoBe
Should I login and accept all the terms before the force close and plugging in the RC for the first time?
It probably makes no difference, but yes I would try it that way first.

@Oso AC1.8. RC1.6 ........That's what I am still flying with. ;)

AC1.6 is an older encryption which was changed with AC1.8. RC1.6 was released at the same time as AC1.8 so that the encryption would match. Since your P3A was advertised as working, it's most likely that it arrived without a mismatch and we just needed to work the connection to your mobile device. Since you now updated your AC to 1.11 (above 1.8) you have most likely created a mismatch with your RC's FW. We'll also need to work on that one.

Just to clarify, I tried everything listed in my original post before upgrading the AC firmware. I only did that after I thought I might be able to upgrade the RC firmware by plugging in the RC to the AC.

Also, I worded it poorly so my apologies but the original firmware was 1.6 the one that I received it with was 1.10.0090. I didn't realize that until I looked at the SD card this morning though. That's just the AC, no idea what the RC is.

It probably makes no difference, but yes I would try it that way first.

Tried it both ways, no dice. I didn't have force GPU on, so I toggled that, I also cleared the phone's cache for good measure. When I turn on the RC with the cable plugged into my phone and my phone unlocked on the homepage... nothing happens, nothing pops up asking me what app to open with. The only change I see is that my phone is now charging.

Its not really charging. What Android version are you running?

Go back in to developer options and set USB Configuration to MTP and try it again.

Hmmm......Not sure if Android 8 has anything to do with it or not. But just to make sure it's not your cable, connect your phone to a PC and verify that it see's it and not just charges. You could have a bad cable.

Hmmm......Not sure if Android 8 has anything to do with it or not. But just to make sure it's not your cable, connect your phone to a PC and verify that it see's it and not just charges. You could have a bad cable.

Just tried it, computer sees it fine, gives me all the USB transfer options. I have a kind coworker with an S7 on Android 7.0 who is downloading the Go app now and is going to let me try it on their phone.

Ok, just used the coworkers phone and no change. I enabled everything you suggested in Dev Options, tried force closing the Go App and plugging in the cable then turning on the Controller, still nothing other than charging, no Camera button.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1