DJI App wont recognize P3P

Reaction score
Hi there! I just want to thank everyone for helping me through some difficult times with my p3p over the last 2 years. Ive learned a ton but have found there is always more to learn. Im bad at describing these things.. so bear with me because my drone is now dead in the water and I need your help!!!

First.. I had 2 small crashes lately that resulted in an ESC Status Error when trying to turn on motors after I got all greens prior to takeoff. I figured I might have to switch out the motherboard (like I did last time) since they're a part of the board and was about to pop off the top and start troubleshooting that when I had a different problem come up that was not a result of this ESC error and is probably my own doing.. :(

I heard of a DJI Windows Driver while looking up something different and decided to download it a day ago.. not knowing there wasnt any programs for Phantom 3 since DJI GO APP was the go to program for this drone. It asked me if I wanted it in English and then it asked me to plug in my remote controller to PC and turn on power, which I did. The update status bar paused for a good hour and I decided to abandon ship. I unplugged my remote controller and now it won't work with the DJI GO APP (Samsung S6 and Apple Mini 2 doesnt see it and tried a billion cables) and do not know what version fw it had! I thought it might be USB Debugging on phone but that isnt the problem. I tried a USB thumbdrive in USB port to upgrade firmware v1.3 I believe but it wont detect it and pretty much have no way of it reprogramming it with fw to see if that fixes it! Since there is no way to get the blue camera button to show up on DJI GO APP in order to upgrade firmware.. Im screwed! I might go to the store and get a Micro SD Card with Mini USB reader to plug into RC but where can I find the fw to only update the remote with?? Yeah yeah I understand that you need to upgrade your drone first before the RC and I did upgrade it to the v11.01 version. Im sure this is a software problem and really wish I knew how to fix it!

I have manually reset my link between the Drone and RC. Currently, my RC has a blinking green light and my drone has flashing green lights with a blinking red light on front of gimbal and a solid green one on the side showing there is a link present. Granted I am sure I might have to change out the motherboard to correct the ESC problem, but that still doesn't fix the problem with regards to fixing my remote control and any help resetting it would be much appreciated! I've been banging my head against the wall with this for the last 24 hours and it's starting to get frustrating! It seems like DJI just does not care if you have their old equipment and wants you to just throw it away and get a new drone!!! Im not gonna blow another couple hundred on fixing it and am probably going to get into building custom racing drones! Im just about done with DJI and if anyone could help.. I would greatly appreciate it!

The No connect button is a common new problem. I found this Youtube video that has an easy fix. Just turn on the airplane mode on your phone BEFORE you connect the wifi. You will have to turn the wifi back on through android settings. I don't understand why, but it works.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic