Phantom won't start on CSC - 5 red LED blinks

Reaction score
Hey all -

I have a recently purchased Phantom Vision 2+ that is showing an odd issue, with symptoms I can't find anyone else having. I was hoping perhaps someone else had the same problem, or had seen it.

It had three successful flights with no problems. All soft landings and no hard impacts at any time. Then, two strange things started happening. First, it was unable to find a single GPS satellite, even after waiting in an open area with no nearby buildings for 10+ minutes, and in two different geographic areas, on several different days. In addition, upon connecting to the assistant software, the software shows a GPS Hardware ID of "0.0.0.0" and Loader "-.-.-.-" - making me think the GPS module perhaps isn't working. I opened up the Phantom to check the ribbon cable to the GPS. It was firmly connected. I disconnected and reconnected just to be sure, but that made no difference. In addition, "GPS Needed" is indicated when in NAZA mode within the Phantom assistant software and looking at the IOC page.

Secondly, upon trying to do the CSC in ATTI mode (since no GPS was available), the rotors will not start and instead I get five fast red LED flashes. This occurs both in NAZA mode as well as regular Phantom mode -- same 5 red flashes. In Phantom mode it is giving the slow yellow blink of being ready without GPS before the CSC, and then the five fast red flashes upon doing the CSC.

I've done two advanced IMU calibrations, a basic calibration, a transmitter calibration of the sticks (both while connected to the Phantom, as well as connected to the controller), as well as a normal compass calibration. Both sticks are able to read their maximum -1,000 to +1,000 range in all directions. The calibration readings all look pretty good -- gyroscope is at 0.2, acceleration mod 1.00, compass mod at 1,476.

So I've done just about anything I can think of. Tried updating firmware to 3.04, and reinstalling all the other firmware I could. Anyone know what five fast red flashes means upon CSC? It all seems odd since GPS seems to not be working, but did initially and there were no impacts, just three gentle landings.

I am thinking of just RMA'ing it and getting a replacement since I loved the first three flights, but perhaps someone here has seen this. TIA for any help.

Remove/Reseat your battery and make sure the lower battery contacts are free, with spring tension.

Check the low voltage warning section in Assistant.

The 5 flashes indicate a first low level battery condition.

If the lower contacts are restricted in any way, the NAZA senses a low or dead battery.

Not sure if this is a cure, just a suggestion.

For what it's worth, CSC wont work if you interrupt a compass calibration. You will notice that the controller has a steady yellow light next to the on/off switch.

Thanks, I will take a look at the battery contacts. Batteries are full and I tried with two different batteries but as you said perhaps the contacts aren't seating right.

The controller has a steady green light, so the compass calibration appears to be completed. Also the compass data is showing pretty normal results in the assistant software (<1,500 mod value). I don't remember putting it next to a big magnet but who knows, maybe I did. I will try resetting the compass with a magnet to see if that helps. Something with the compass might also explain why the GPS went wonky at the same time.

Thanks again for the suggestions, keep 'em coming if you have them.

I have a similar problem. In my case on CSC 4 X red led flashes occur.
It also seems as GPS does not function
Any sugesstions?

Plug into computer and open Naza Assistant. Recalibrate IMU. If that fails, flash the firmware.

Hi, I am having the same problem with my P2V and was wondering if you had found a fix for yours? Thanks

All having this issue plug your phantom in the assistant and go to Upgrade tab and tell me what the numbers are in the line where GPS is listed?
is it something like 6.1.2 .... 6.1.4 or is it all 0's ?
if it is all 0's GPS is the issue and it will have to be replaced or it got unplugged.

hani

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20