Phantom is Vibrating and video has MASSIVE jello.

Hey guys, Weston Ney Photography again. If you want to check out some awesome pics and videos check out my skypixel account. Here's a link for a video on my account.

The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com

If you've got an account, please like and comment and follow my skypixel, it would really help my business grow. I'm a 16 year old entrepreneur trying to make it in this dark dismal world by taking to the skies!
Thank you all so much!

I think this may be your problem. Did you remove this bit of foam under the camera
1522185909307.jpg

I think this may be your problem. Did you remove this bit of foam under the camera
View attachment 96845
Yes, I did, gimbal works perfectly, no abnormalities. I am also not new to drones, I'm just having an issue with props. I had my theory which has now been proven correct, I just wanted to verify with other folks. Thanks anyway. :)

Reactions: Neon Euc
Weston Ney Photography said:
Yes, I did, gimbal works perfectly, no abnormalities. I am also not new to drones, I'm just having an issue with props. I had my theory which has now been proven correct, I just wanted to verify with other folks. Thanks anyway. :)
BTW Neon Euc, do I spy a syma or cheerson drone in your avatar along with your Phantom 3? How can you even keep that thing around now that you're a Phantom Pilot? I trashed my syma x5c as soon as I got my Phantom. Gotta love DJI! Except for their customer support.

Sorry BigAL07, my dumb old computer won't let me upload pictures on this site. I'll try to describe as best I can. Thanks for your time!

Are you trying to load a picture or video?
Picture you use upload a file, video you need to post youtube, vimeo, etc. then post the link.

Rod

Last edited:
Thanks Steve7777, I'm new to this site. Thanks for your help. One note that you probably can help with. I bought the Phantom 3 props from amazon with the 2 gold stripes on the tips of the props, but they said OEM DJI. Was I tricked? I looked at eBay for OEM props, and I found some OEM sets that come in the little black bag that look identical to the ones I got originally.
Give us a link to your amazon purchase.

Take a look here for some more info, there are some links for props.
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod

Last edited:
@Weston Ney Photography,
"I lost the spares that came in the box" :eek: :rolleyes:
I would never admit that. :)

You find the correct ones, you better order a pack of 100. :D

Rod

BTW Neon Euc, do I spy a syma or cheerson drone in your avatar along with your Phantom 3? How can you even keep that thing around now that you're a Phantom Pilot? I trashed my syma x5c as soon as I got my Phantom. Gotta love DJI! Except for their customer support.
Lol it was for my daughter for Xmas a few years ago. She doesn't like drones at all ( she saw through my plans on trying to convert her [emoji12]) so I kept it on my shelf with the other drones. More of an ornament collection then anything [emoji3]

Lol it was for my daughter for Xmas a few years ago. She doesn't like drones at all ( she saw through my plans on trying to convert her [emoji12]) so I kept it on my shelf with the other drones. More of an ornament collection then anything [emoji3]
Awesome! :)

A few weeks ago I noticed that my P3P had developed a pronounced vibration. It was very easy to see if I hovered at eye level and looks at the landing gear. After trying 2 sets of new OEM props, balanced correctly, it still shook like a scared bunny. I finally discovered the cause. Somehow (it wasn't me, I swear officer) the gain settings in my advanced menu were set to 120. The normal is 100 on a scale of 80-120. After I set them back to 100 the vibration vanished. That's my experience. YMMV

A few weeks ago I noticed that my P3P had developed a pronounced vibration. It was very easy to see if I hovered at eye level and looks at the landing gear. After trying 2 sets of new OEM props, balanced correctly, it still shook like a scared bunny. I finally discovered the cause. Somehow (it wasn't me, I swear officer) the gain settings in my advanced menu were set to 120. The normal is 100 on a scale of 80-120. After I set them back to 100 the vibration vanished. That's my experience. YMMV
Thanks for the advice, I've already checked the gain settings many times, even trying setting it to 90, 90, 80, 90 to try to correct jello because of Firmware. Can Firmware cause the bird to shake? My drone is running the latest firmware now.

I can’t understand why price is even a factor. Compared to the cost of the drone or the potential revenue loss from bad video, your focus should not be on getting the best deal on props.

I would expect a reputable dealer like B&H Photo or DJI would be trusted sources.

Hope you find a solution quickly.

Hi guys. This is old but I thought I'd let all the nice folks who helped me out with my first thread know that this particular problem was resolved. I got over myself and bought OEM DJI props. The drone flies perfectly. I use a variable ND Filter and the video is great. Thank you all for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.