phantom hovers then goes into spiral crash

Reaction score
Hi,
I took of with my phantom 4 today and it was hovering fine but when i went to accelerate the drone went into downward spiral and crashed. The problem was repeated 3 times with the same result. I calibrated the IMU and the same thing happened. the drone seem to hover fine but thats it. Is there a way to look at the flight record and see what failed?

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mitch

Phantom 4

I recommend researching 'vortex ring state'.
Assuming that when you say 'accelerate' you mean increase altitude, try (if your happy to risk it) moving the drone forward when you increase altitude.

Disclaimer: I hold no responsibility for anything suggested here or anywhere else.

I recommend researching 'vortex ring state'.
Assuming that when you say 'accelerate' you mean increase altitude, try (if your happy to risk it) moving the drone forward when you increase altitude.

Disclaimer: I hold no responsibility for anything suggested here or anywhere else.

This is only an issue when descending into prop-wash. It has virtually been eliminated by a f/w reduction in descent rate and the canting of the motors since the P3 introduction.

Check the propellers... Make sure you put it in the correct order and they are tied.

Prop wash is not a problem per se. All props create ‘wash’.
VRS is a very specific condition and is virtually unheard of any more since late P2 firmware revs combined with design changes since the P3s.
Of course there are conditions which could exacerbate this such entering sinking air such as a downdraft or similar conditions.
I too await to see evidence of this truly being descent induced VRS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl