Phantom connection Lost

Reaction score
Had a fly away last night. 3 rotors and guards broken. No other obvious damage but now getting the App message, "Phantom Connection Lost"
After the normal satellite / GPS setup, started rotors, ok so far. Throttled up slowly to lift her to 6 or 8 ft. Took off straight up for 100 ft then veered off the the left flat out into a wooded area just above the tree level, (PANIC)
I had little control and it was heading even deeper. Whatever happened, it then dropped out of the sky, into the trees. I did eventually find and recover it. Minor damage really. Three rotors with bits missing off the ends and guards broken. Battery had been knocked out somehow and was a few feet away.

The Phantom connects with the controller as normal, starts up ( without rotors ). Sticks seem ok. Ran through the PC setup etc, Camera still turns on and moves as normal tilt etc but APP shows ( Phantom Connection Lost )

Any ideas? I'm a bit of a Drone Novice. Only had it 2 weeks.

I suggest you do an advanced IMU calibration a level surface before you attempt to fly again. I take it that you have a phantom 2 vision + because of the message "phantom connection lost". You could try deleting the app and reload it to see if the message is gone before flying again.

Reactions: Alan S
I suggest you do an advanced IMU calibration a level surface before you attempt to fly again. I take it that you have a phantom 2 vision + because of the message "phantom connection lost". You could try deleting the app and reload it to see if the message is gone before flying again.
Hi Jason, I did the uninstall and reinstall today but still get that message. My Phantom is the none plus Vision with its own barrel shape camera. The App shows a solid connection but when I select "CAMERA" that message comes up. Maybe the camera connection lead got a tug in the crash.
What worries me is why it just took off and veered off 200 ft. I may have to open it up, to check. There is something small but loose when I turn the body over and back.
I will look up the IMU setup.

wouldn't hurt to open it up to see what loose inside.

Reactions: Alan S
wouldn't hurt to open it up to see what loose inside.
Some good news lol. Opened and checked. All seems OK. I eventually was able to Bind the camera via the app tools. Only way was by scanning the bar code off the original box, the app has a built in bar code reader.. I could now see the view on the app.
Now if I turn on the Phantom it flashes yellow eventually for ok. When I turn on the controller, the leds turn to solid red, indicating a ( error ). When connected to PC the DJI Asst, shows the error as Abnormal Compass Data. I'm now looking through, manual, YouTube, Facebook etc lol. Most of them referring to calibrating the normal way, but when I flick the S1 switch as usual 8 to 10 etc, The Phantom never responds to calibrate. 2 solid red leds. No matter what order things are switched on. At a loss again lol.
Probably need a new threed for this problem lol. See what you think. Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj