Phantom 4 Pro V2 firmware 1.00.50.00 released

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
New firmware has been released for the Phantom 4 Pro V2. Here are the notable changes:
  • Optimized flight controller parameters to improve flight experience
  • Optimized sensitivity of the shutter button of the remote controller to improve shooting experience
  • Optimized IQ and AWB parameters of camera to improve camera image quality
See more details in the release notes on the Phantom 4 Pro V2 downloads page.

Reactions: skymonkey
Waiting to hear if the fixes are actually worthy. Updating firmware has not always been a good experience. I'm sticking with one that works.

As far as I can tell it may have worked. Jinx!!!
I have flown 2 missions since and no problems. Weather is pretty crappy here so not much flying time. Keeping my fingers crossed for future flights

Reactions: andy young
Right. You can find the OG P4P updates on the P4P downloads page.

Soooo I followed that Link and got this pop up

IMG_2662.jpg

Then I tried the very first link and it worked... hmmm

Those links are different. The first goes to the P4P V2 downloads. The second goes to the P4P downloads.

I'm guessing you found what you need. If not, let us know.

I can't believe I missed this post from Dec. I'll look for the update this evening.

Those links are different. The first goes to the P4P V2 downloads. The second goes to the P4P downloads.

I'm guessing you found what you need. If not, let us know.

My bad. I was looking at the topic re: v2 and didn’t pay close attention to the fact the second one was for the discontinued original model.

Yes, I’m going to try the v2 Firmware soon. I’ve encountered the shutter button issue and would love to see it fixed. I’ve missed some shots that I thought I took (sometimes the environment doesn’t let me hear the shutter click sound)

Thanks - and what firmware & Go version are you on?
Appreciated. I will update all soon.

The latest on all. Maybe I’m just lucky but I’ve never had a new firmware update issue
Actually neither have I. I do wait a LONG time to update though. Very very cautious. Like now when I'm still on iOS 11. I probably won't update the iOS on my iPad mini 3 that I keep just for the P3 Pro for that reason. Don't want to mess anything up.

I think a lot of the people that have problems may not have done the steps in the correct order, or left the drone or controller on at the wrong time when only one of them should be on during the respective updates.
But maybe we've been lucky. I do want my P4P and iPad current though.

Meant to get back here for an update. But with both unappealing weather & Covid-19 stuff, still haven't had opportunity to do any real flying.
But I did go ahead & update everything. First the iPAD IOS, then Go, controller and finally the P4P v2.
Took it in the yard for a quick test and all seems fine.
Hope to have a chance this coming week for a real flight. But I'm encouraged...

thanks Dresden for your feedback which got me over the Fear of FirmWare .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31