Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Will Not Fly Straight and Has Yaw Drift.

Reaction score
Hello! I know many have spoken about yaw drift and their V2.0 Phantoms not flying straight. I am having similar issues, but I am not sure it completely matches, so I hope I am not duplicating topics. I have attached this link to a video that I created. I did a voice-over, so please turn the volume up for my explanation. The best way to describe what is happening is that when I yaw left and stop, it will then drift some to the right and vice versa. It will not fly straight and it will drift to the right. I have calibrated the IMU, gimble, and controller sticks. Some may notice that the signal is weak, but it does this no matter the signal. I would appreciate someone taking a look and suggesting what it may be. I tried loading my data files, but I guess they were too big. One of them loaded, so hopefully someone can find something. BTW, I do not have a warranty for this drone, so I can't send this back and forth to DJI.

Video Link:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• FLY203.DAT
    5 MB · Views: 338
Reactions: bill combs
I tried loading my data files, but I guess they were too big.
The .dat file you posted is not a flight. There is no motor start. Try uploading your .txt file to the link below and we can tell you which .dat file you need, if applicable. Share a link back here to the uploaded file.

Log Viewer

Thank you for the quick reply. I am missing something. I guess I don't know which file that I am looking for.

I have same drone. It’s just over 1 years old and just out of warranty. It does the same thing your drone does. I always have to over correct because it always goes back the opposite a little bit. Mine also seems to drift to right when trying to go straight. I always assumed it was normal. My mavic flys much better than the my phantom . I to would be curious if there is a fix . I just got the mavic 2 , ( Christmas present) I hope it’s better then the phantom .

I have same drone. It’s just over 1 years old and just out of warranty. It does the same thing your drone does. I always have to over correct because it always goes back the opposite a little bit. Mine also seems to drift to right when trying to go straight. I always assumed it was normal. My mavic flys much better than the my phantom . I to would be curious if there is a fix . I just got the mavic 2 , ( Christmas present) I hope it’s better then the phantom .
Everyone says that it is great. Hopefully it will be.

Hello! I know many have spoken about yaw drift and their V2.0 Phantoms not flying straight. I am having similar issues, but I am not sure it completely matches, so I hope I am not duplicating topics. I have attached this link to a video that I created. I did a voice-over, so please turn the volume up for my explanation. The best way to describe what is happening is that when I yaw left and stop, it will then drift some to the right and vice versa. It will not fly straight and it will drift to the right. I have calibrated the IMU, gimble, and controller sticks. Some may notice that the signal is weak, but it does this no matter the signal. I would appreciate someone taking a look and suggesting what it may be. I tried loading my data files, but I guess they were too big. One of them loaded, so hopefully someone can find something. BTW, I do not have a warranty for this drone, so I can't send this back and forth to DJI.

Video Link:
i have the same bird and it will on occasion do the same thing after she has sat around for awhile“couple of weeks” and after i calibrate the sticks sometimes an imu calibration she’s back to normal with that said i would think its more to do with the remote than it is with the bird.

Reactions: JTN Aerial
I have the same thing, with both my P4 and my P4A. yaw drift that will cause the aircraft to veer off course when trying to fly a straight line. I have noticed the yaw drift sometimes just hovering, and times I thought it was just me moving the stick subconsciously. Then I noticed the drift in Litchi missions when flying between two waypoints, with my hands not touching the controls. This confirms that there is yaw drift.

My P4A is under warranty for another month or so, so I may put a ticket in for this.

Here is part of a waypoint flight that shows the drift.

I don't know which file that I am looking for.
Instructions are on the link in Post#2. You are looking for a file like this: DJIFlightRecord_2019-12-06_[15-44-12].txt
from the day of the flight. If you upload that to the link provided we can tell you the correct .dat for the flight.

After only a single recal on my first P4P, i had the issue outside of flight...camera movement was noticable with naked eye even before take off. I'm yet to see it with the obsidian I have now, but as it's only now summer where I live, I'm yet to take it out for more tests to see how it behaves. I'm sure once you upload the data there will be professional pieces of advice as to what you could try...

Holy canoli.. I have also the P4Pv2, same issues, just browsing for a solution and now notice that this seems to be a spread issue. I was already assuming my main controller could be broken, but now it looks more like a FW related issue to me, because it’s unlikely that so many MCs break at the same time.

DJI should be informed and look into it.
Any DJI people in this forum?

This has been well covered by myself and a few others here with repeated attempts to send these yaw drifting units in. DJI refuses to recognize the problem. Even when presented with flight data that clearly shows the issue, they still cant fix it.

Edit: I should note that after three attempts (all fully within the warranty period) to resolve this, DJI got tired of me and during service three alleged that I had wrecked the drone and damaged the gimbal. I fought for months to prove that I hadnt done this, and I ended up paying for a two new gimbal motors just to get my yaw-drifting bird back. It was sold to a private party quite cheap so I wouldnt feel awful about it, (even though its a replacement from DJI with only 10mins flight time), and the headache is over. The M2 and I2 series have been so much better to me.

You can send it in, but your time and possibly your money will be wasted on what is clearly a mixture of hardware and software issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: iDark0de

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31