Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 (now official)

quick question ... if the leaked pictures are real for the P5 with interchangeable lenses. In short what will be the basic advantages. Wide angle? Zoom type range? DOF?

quick question ... if the leaked pictures are real for the P5 with interchangeable lenses. In short what will be the basic advantages. Wide angle? Zoom type range? DOF?
We have the wide angle now, the lenses will allow for a narrower field of view, without cropping our image so much.

I have to say - I absolutely hate how you spam your referral links across this website and others. Wish the admins wouldn’t allow it.
I always use referral links when referencing other sites. If I post plain links here, this forum will auto convert them to referral links (which you will likely hate just as much).

The leaked pix appear to be very believable and it appears that there are a number of prototypes out there being tested.
If what's come out already is what gets released to the market, they will have a range of 4 lenses with FoV equivalent to 15mm, 24mm, 35mm and 50mm on a full frame 35mm camera.
The 24mm equiv is the same as what we already have on the P4 pro - very wide and with so much depth of field that you don't have to think about it at any aperture.
The 15mm equiv lens would be ultra wide and also have a truckload of DoF. It's not known if it will be a rectilinear wideangle or a full-frame fisheye (like a gopro)
The 50mm equiv lens will have a much narrower FoV than you are used to and different perspective. DoF could be an issue if shooting very 3D subjects which extend from close to the lens to distant.
The 50mm equiv lens would be preferred for inspection work as you wouldn't have to get in so close to fill the frame with the subject.
The 35mm equiv would be intermediate between the 24 & 50.
The big advantage it will offer is different lenses for different kinds of shots.

I always use referral links when referencing other sites. If I post plain links here, this forum will auto convert them to referral links (which you will likely hate just as much).

Absolutely. DJI needs to update their TOS to prevent this. It’s spam.

Absolutely. DJI needs to update their TOS to prevent this. It’s spam.
Auto converting links into referral links is most definitely not spam. It is, however, a great way to support free forums (like this one) or people who offer free services (like Phantom Help). While this forum and the Phantom knowledge I share are free and can be enjoyed by you at no expense, there are many costs that go into providing such services. Like you, we also need to somehow pay for our expenses so we can spend time working in careers we enjoy.

The biggest difference I noticeed was the Ocusync in the V2 vs Lightbridge in the P4P but both still have a listed range of 4.3 miles ,I believe at least one of the Mavics have Ocusync does anyone know if its a big improvement over the old P4P ?
My exact thoughts. Knowing if Ocysync improves range might be a reason to buy but nothing else really stands out.

The leaked pix appear to be very believable and it appears that there are a number of prototypes out there being tested.
If what's come out already is what gets released to the market, they will have a range of 4 lenses with FoV equivalent to 15mm, 24mm, 35mm and 50mm on a full frame 35mm camera.
The 24mm equiv is the same as what we already have on the P4 pro - very wide and with so much depth of field that you don't have to think about it at any aperture.
The 15mm equiv lens would be ultra wide and also have a truckload of DoF. It's not known if it will be a rectilinear wideangle or a full-frame fisheye (like a gopro)
The 50mm equiv lens will have a much narrower FoV than you are used to and different perspective. DoF could be an issue if shooting very 3D subjects which extend from close to the lens to distant.
The 50mm equiv lens would be preferred for inspection work as you wouldn't have to get in so close to fill the frame with the subject.
The 35mm equiv would be intermediate between the 24 & 50.
The big advantage it will offer is different lenses for different kinds of shots.
The image quality might improve just due to there will be less image correction applied to remove the fisheye effect in video that it gets with 24mm and smaller.

Actually very impressed with DJI pulling off 15mm equivalent with crop factor on this small sensor. Actual lens has to be around 6mm?

Would be so nice if you could choose which lens it ships with (probably wont get all of the lenses included). I would go for 35mm.

The image quality might improve just due to there will be less image correction applied to remove the fisheye effect in video that it gets with 24mm and smaller.

Actually very impressed with DJI pulling off 15mm equivalent with crop factor on this small sensor. Actual lens has to be around 6mm?

Would be so nice if you could choose which lens it ships with (probably wont get all of the lenses included). I would go for 35mm.
I don't think we see the 5 at least until next Christmas.

I don't think we see the 5 at least until next Christmas.
I think they might release them same time of year as P4P and Mavic I.. In Oct/Nov. But what do I know..

That way they can milk the market which has summer season now by selling the last of the P4P and Mavic Pro I.

Hopefully they (Mav II and P5) will be thoroughly tested by then.

Which begs the question about the new props for us P4 owners. New tip design (lower noise?), and would they fit the hubs?

New tip design (lower noise?), and would they fit the hubs?
Yes, they are low-noise props. The P4P prop locks fit the P4 motors (and have the same design as the P4 prop locks), so the new low-noise props must also fit on the P4. For some reason though, the DJI Store does not have the P4 list in the compatibility section on the low-noise prop page.

I believe that DJI did version 2 just simply be able to keep the $1499 price point one the phantom five comes out. I think the five will be $1799-$1999 and the 4 v2 sits nicely at $1499

Interesting... I'm gonna test this.

Here's the new 2.0 on DJI's store. I just copied the link from the address bar in another browser tab.

Stay tuned! Here's what it wound up looking like:
upload_2018-5-10_19-10-45.png

So all that happened was that this web site added "?pbc=mF6h4ZTt" to end of the URL.

Looks to me like the web site is telling DJI's web site that "PhantomPilots sent that one". No redirection or anything, just a little ID tag on the URL.

That's a bit different from sending people to Phantom Help and then using Phantom Help's web site to redirect people to DJI's store through a click tracker page that appears to give Phantom Help the credit for the reference.

In fact, it gives me the sensation that Phantom Help is in essence taking potential revenue from PhantomPilots.

All that said, all these clicks do get sent through click trackers. The difference is who gets the revenue. And if folks are really concerned about spammy stuff going on in the background, they should stop using this web site altogether. You wouldn't believe how much network traffic is going back and forth from these pages without even clicking on anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kman
So all that happened was that this web site added "?pbc=mF6h4ZTt" to end of the URL.
The "mF6h4ZTt" part of that link is the DJI affiliate tag for this website. All DJI links on this website have that tag appended to them automatically (as you found in your test above).

In fact, it gives me the sensation that Phantom Help is in essence taking potential revenue from PhantomPilots.
I pay to be a vendor here. That allows me to do things like sell and recommend products through my affiliate links. Not only do I support this website monetarily, I spend countless hours a week assisting others who come here for help. People like me help make this site a desirable place for people to come (the main goal of any forum).

Why are some people getting so bent out of shape about affiliate links? I'm not sure. Nearly every website on the Internet contains affiliate links and/or some type of advertising. It's a way for people who offer free content/knowledge to make a living.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.