Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 (now official)

Bill the Drone Reviewer on YouTube thinks the same thing. Specifically, he thinks it will be available by April 30th (product releases usually come shortly after a FCC filing).

The official FCC website ( not the one linked ), shows the user manual, internal and external pictures and test setup as temporary confidential. It will be open to the public on april 30th.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/

Asuming it won't be revealed during the NABShow this week, anyone know what DJI events are pending April 30th?

As it so happens April 30th will be the 1st anniversary of P4A so I guess it may be fittng to release a new model in the phantom 4 family at said time...

Maybe a special announcement? WOW. the P4A has been out that long. Time fly's. LOL

Bill the Drone Reviewer on YouTube thinks the same thing. Specifically, he thinks it will be available by April 30th (product releases usually come shortly after a FCC filing).
Bill the Drone Reviewer is about the last person who would have any idea.
The official FCC website ( not the one linked ), shows the user manual, internal and external pictures and test setup as temporary confidential. It will be open to the public on April 30th
April 30 has come and gone.
The non-confidential pdfs are visible on the FCC website. FCC ID SS3-WM331S1801 Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 by SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
But the confidential till April 30 pdfs are still not available.

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
Every single youtube drone guru has been dead wrong about everything to do with the 2.0. We really don't know anything because DJI hasn't told us anything. These guys are just making videos and trying to get free stuff from drone sellers.
Go back and look at their predictions and features list on videos and you can see just how ignorant these guys are. We will know when DJI tells us.

Reactions: gppms
23772297-91D1-4137-9B7B-5A2FE6E739C4.jpeg
This came out today from OsitaLV

Not sure what it is P4 vr2 or P5 but sure looks like a real product.

Motors look a bit larger taller.

Paul Caldwell

I agree the paint job looks a bit off.

Paul C

The big O has been at the heart of everything to do with the 2.0. He will wind up either being the DJI guru or as phony as.................well, just really, really, phony.

The big O has been at the heart of everything to do with the 2.0. He will wind up either being the DJI guru or as phony as.................well, just really, really, phony.
Osita has provided plenty of accurate information regarding the X7 camera, Master Wheels and the Mavic Air.
He first showed sketches of the interchangeable lenses for the next Phantom back in November and later has shown a series of photos of the prototypes which confirm what he showed earlier.
He has a good information source and is the only source for any information on the next Phantom.
Everything else is just people guessing based on what he posts.
The youtubers saying he's a fake have no idea and are base their opinions on misunderstanding what he posts, complicated by language difficulties.

I agree he has a good track record. The silver drones in his photo IMO are real as it would be a lot to fake. And they are imprinted with the DJI logo.

As the motors appear larger due to added weight of new lens mount and gimbal odds are motor noise will be greater also.

I had hoped to see some improvement for the current P4 which will bring the noise levels down much like the MPP did. The MPP is extremely less noticeable by noise.

Odds are now anything big will be kept till photokina 2018.

Paul Caldwell

Osita has provided plenty of accurate information regarding the X7 camera, Master Wheels and the Mavic Air.
He first showed sketches of the interchangeable lenses for the next Phantom back in November and later has shown a series of photos of the prototypes which confirm what he showed earlier.
He has a good information source and is the only source for any information on the next Phantom.
Everything else is just people guessing based on what he posts.
The youtubers saying he's a fake have no idea and are base their opinions on misunderstanding what he posts, complicated by language difficulties.
I agree with everything you said. He also gets credit for a fake picture on the Mavic Pro II. He has lied about products being in production, and some others.
I love every one of his 'leaks'. I hope he is much more right than wrong, but outside of the entertainment value (which I enjoy) I will believe it when I hear it from DJI.

Link is still visible on the actual FCC site.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=Y&application_id=CbzWknXwplyqAT%2FCHc%2FWxQ%3D%3D&fcc_id=SS3-WM331S1801

Short term confidential documents are 45 days by default (April 30th date), however the applicant has an option to extend the term up to 180 days. If extension is granted (as it appears to have happen in our case) they must advise and release the documents once marketing materials go public.

Long story short, release date remains a mystery...

Reactions: flockshot
Fact or fiction? We shall see soon...

Tweet.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: flockshot
Would love to know if they can get the P4 to 70db, from where it is now, and if the new style props will help at all on the current P4.

As you said we shall all know soon.

Paul C

Reactions: Yooper

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl