Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 (now official)

I beg your pardon sir, I now see the other tread I linked has been updated to say the RE versions are now connecting on the latest firmware.
I've a Crystalsky Ulta sitting here and hope a software update drops soon so it can connect to my V2.
So whats it like flying with the googles? I have no idea how it must feel, do you turn your head and the gimbal tuns?

I beg your pardon sir, I now see the other tread I linked has been updated to say the RE versions are now connecting on the latest firmware.
I've a Crystalsky Ulta sitting here and hope a software update drops soon so it can connect to my V2.
So whats it like flying with the googles? I have no idea how it must feel, do you turn your head and the gimbal tuns?
It's like seeing exactly what a bird can see, with less peripheral vision. It is clear as a bell. I put the camera straight down and can see fish swimming under the water. This is the one I have been waiting for. I hope the fix's come soon but if it takes a little while, I assure you it is worth waiting for. I have not used any features like head tracking yet, but I will be flying it again tomorrow.

I'm supposed to receive my 2.0 Monday :)
I use iPad Pro 10.5 with sun shade so no CS screen needed ;)

Sunshades are soo 2015..:D

My Old *** eyes LIKE the 10.5 screen and I make my own shades (less than $9 including enough Gator Board and Velcro for 2 shades). EXTREMELY clear image no matter how bright the sun is, even if it's shinning over my shoulder...

If you're still looking we've got hundreds of the new low noise props in stock again along with the V2.0's. Safe flying! :cool:
Thanks for the heads up. Just order 6 pair (3 sets). My order has just been sitting at DJI. Just canceled. I've tried so many times to order from them and it never works out. I had a v2 on order and 4 days later not filled, local BB had it so I canceled and got at BB.

Reactions: Advexure
Thanks for the heads up. Just order 6 pair (3 sets). My order has just been sitting at DJI. Just canceled. I've tried so many times to order from them and it never works out. I had a v2 on order and 4 days later not filled, local BB had it so I canceled and got at BB.

No problem at all. Hope you are enjoying the P4P V2.0. Safe flying! ;)

10:10pm Wed. Tracking said At FedEx SHENZHEN CN.
11:51pm Thur. = Arrived at FedEx location Memphis TN. :eek:
Thursday night at midnight Tracking said Expected Delivery Mon Jun 4.
Friday morning it said out for delivery (in FL) TODAY!!! :D
06022018_NEW-P4Pro-V2.jpg

All set up and ready to go but it's RAINING here :anguished:

I have flown about 10 batteries through the 2.0 so far and can say overall that I LIKE it :)
The only comparison I have is P3Pro and I have to say it's Apples to Oranges as far as performance between the two of them (P4 hovers and lands MUCH more steady than the P3P).
I always loved my P3Pro but wished it would fly faster in GPS Mode (GPS is needed for following boats on windy days) and I was never happy with the Pictures that the P3P took.

Set-up was easy.
After installing P4GO in iPad Pro 10.5 all I had to do was Sign in to Activate the P4P 2.0 and let it do updates on all three of the batteries.
No issues what so ever (I never installed Pre4GO in iPad for my P3P because of App Crash issues I had with brand new Android Tablet = have only used Litchi for 'Several Months') so I wasn't going to be surprised if GO gave me some fits, but thankfully it all went smooth as butter...

The first time I flew it in Sport mode I was like WOWza this thing reacts SO much more aggressively than the P3 does so I immediately toned down the EXP settings so small stick movements = small-er drone movements, especially for Yaw because it was rotating way more than I wanted it to with lite stick moments.

One difference from P3P was when I went to take off from my usual location at the Jupiter Inlet (close to concrete Jetty) I got a Compass Error that only happened with P3 if/when I set it on top of the wall so I had to launch further away from that wall, so apparently the Compass is more sensitive on the P4P.
One possible negative was the video feed seemed to glitch more/sooner than my P3P does (more than I thought it would considering P4 Range is supposed to better than P3P) but I didn't have the P3 with me to compare how it would have done on this day (Solar conditions make an obvious difference on day to day Radio Signal Range on my P3P).
Good news is the glitches were short and quick (adding that I didn't try going into any of the resolution or signal settings to make the video feed better).

No time to edit and post videos yet but here's one picture I took...
Wasn't high tide so water isn't perdy :confused:
I know I need filters but I don't have any yet.
No post editing (other than resize 50%)...

062018_Jup-Inlet-Boat.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl