Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've once downloaded the cache video onto my computer, but when I try to do it again.. on the controller I can see all cache video and images but when I looked in the Cache_Image files only the ones i previously downloaded are available. Why can't I see the recently cached images and videos?

It gives me a list of
thumb_xxxxx.jpg (image icon)
screen_xxxx.jpg (image icon)
pov_xxxx (forgot the file name) (no icon)
some mixed files have a notepad icon...

When trying to open some of these files they come up as a black screen.

This is greatly frustrating, I have a full cache and would like to download them all before I erase them.
Help!!!

upload_2018-7-13_12-38-54.png

Just out of curiosity, why are you downloading the cached files? These are only preview images and not at full resolution. Maybe you have a purpose for that, just curious.

Just out of curiosity, why are you downloading the cached files? These are only preview images and not at full resolution. Maybe you have a purpose for that, just curious.

I use it to shoot our construction projects, I'd like to make a little movie for the home owner that isn't a super large file. Also to post it to social media without it taking days to upload. There have been some great videos that have only been added to the cache and not the SD card. I also find that when I play them on the big screen, they load quicker, yes they may not have the best resolution but at least they run smooth. I'll save the quality for our advertising.

I use it to shoot our construction projects, I'd like to make a little movie for the home owner that isn't a super large file.
That's why I asked the question. The cache files are rarely used for anything other than a quick review. You can always change the resolution in post edit of the originals if you wan't smaller files. I always prefer to use the full resolution images and video's. The reason for that is as I mentioned you can change the resolution in post and they seem to be better quality than the cache files even changing them to the cache resolution, for whatever reason that is.

That's why I asked the question. The cache files are rarely used for anything other than a quick review. You can always change the resolution in post edit of the originals if you wan't smaller files. I always prefer to use the full resolution images and video's. The reason for that is as I mentioned you can change the resolution in post and they seem to be better quality than the cache files even changing them to the cache resolution, for whatever reason that is.
Thank you for the advice, how do you usually go about changing the resolution?
I've been noticing a lot of people commenting about Movavi

Last edited:
how do you usually go about changing the resolution?
I don't do anything professionally by any stretch, so I really don't need too much in an editor other than Photoshop for images, as needed and at present I use Power Director for the video edits. It is about as much as I need for my use and fairly inexpensive. You can change resolutions for export within that to pretty much whatever you want. It has all the features I need, because I only shoot in 1080P for video. I don't need anything more than that. The fact that the resolution can be changed for social media uploads etc... was a plus for me. There are quite a few others out there, including the one you mentioned. It is really all personal preference and the features you need.

Reactions: KCMPhantom4ProPlus
I don't do anything professionally by any stretch, so I really don't need too much in an editor other than Photoshop for images, as needed and at present I use Power Director for the video edits. It is about as much as I need for my use and fairly inexpensive. You can change resolutions for export within that to pretty much whatever you want. It has all the features I need, because I only shoot in 1080P for video. I don't need anything more than that. The fact that the resolution can be changed for social media uploads etc... was a plus for me. There are quite a few others out there, including the one you mentioned. It is really all personal preference and the features you need.
I just need 1080P , of course the main setting on the camera is like 3840 x 2160. I haven't checked to see if I can change that....

Reactions: jagman08

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers