Phantom 4 Pro Firmwire v01.05.0600 March 8th 2018

I finally updated and tested my P4P yesterday i didn't have issues except a small before take off vibration that i never see before...When i start the motors and then after 3-4 seconds, when i throttle up for take off i discover a 1-2 seconds vibration on the aircraft but when it is taking off this stops...I hope that wont cause any stress cracks in the aircrafts body...I tried 4 batteries flight ,tested all intelligent flight modes also S and A mode with no issues...So everything ok except that small vibration issue before taking off...Before the 0600 firmware i used the 0602 version with very rock solid flights and neither one issue...I have downgrade from 0500 because it was really bad firmware with reversed video problems wich i think is very dangerous during flight...So now i m not sure if i will keep that firmware or downgrade again at 0602 which was really great and stable for P4P but without been able to use pano modes in photo mode.I will do some more test and then i will deside.

Hello pilots I need to know if anyone have upgraded his aircraft to the latest v01.05.0600 firmware and if he has any issues.I m interesting to hear all your experiences because I m a little consius and in the past I had many problems with the v01.05.300 firmware (reversed video etc).
Just updated and so far my P4Pro is performing OK.

I tried to update the new version to a 4 Pro+, however, PANO is still not in the photo mode. I suppose I used an invalid updating method. In fact, I am a little confused, have found suggestions about different methods and will appreciate very much if someone could provide it step by step (Pro+)

Reactions: snickell
I tried to update the new version to a 4 Pro+, however, PANO is still not in the photo mode. I suppose I used an invalid updating method. In fact, I am a little confused, have found suggestions about different methods and will appreciate very much if someone could provide it step by step (Pro+)
maybe here?

Hello pilots I need to know if anyone have upgraded his aircraft to the latest v01.05.0600 firmware and if he has any issues.I m interesting to hear all your experiences because I m a little consius and in the past I had many problems with the v01.05.300 firmware (reversed video etc).
Updated new firmware 3/14/18 no problems noted..

Hello pilots I need to know if anyone have upgraded his aircraft to the latest v01.05.0600 firmware and if he has any issues.I m interesting to hear all your experiences because I m a little consius and in the past I had many problems with the v01.05.300 firmware

Attachments

• 20180307_055826.jpg
    20180307_055826.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 362
I updated last night. I had no problems with installing the update iPad to aircraft. I went a head and did the great turn on its back gimbal calibration and now the camera is dead straight!
Flew it today and no problems to report. No note of excessive vibrations at take off or landing. I was reading of some on the dji forum that have had this but I don’t notice any problem. I tried the the straight down camera angle to horizontal a few times and no image flipping. Thank goodness, I have had that happen a few times and just got used to it and planned for it.

I am not able to keep the gimbal to stay level. I can adjust still shots in post processing but video is another thing. Can you explain how to do "the great turn on its back gimbal calibration",

Sure. If your camera is not pointing straight (ie 5-10 degrees to the left or right) you can try gimbal calibration on a different axis. With props off power up. Place the aircraft on a level surface then tip on its REAR MOTORS ONLY without the landing gear touching touching the surface, so that the aircraft is pointing up beyond vertically. Then do a gimbal calibration. When complete it should be pointing straight. Then level the aircraft on its legs and calibrate again.

However you mention your gimbal is not level horizontally. You can try this but really we all routinely manually adjust the horizontal angle since it will change a bit with the wind and aggressive maneuvers.

Reactions: Hounddog
We need to also hear from P4P+ RC pilots who have loaded the latest firmware too ... the Plus RC uses a different version of the Android image of the GO4 app than the iPad / iPhone and Android tablet / phone uses.

I upgraded in the week on my plus and have had two error free flights so fingers crossed it's good. There is one but, however. I'm not sure if this latest upgrade did this as I rarely used the in built editor, but now it seems to do its job then stop with a grey screen and a split white square. I also have to power down to remove it. Dji were helpful but now suggest it goes back for repair. Anyone encountered similar?
Nick P4P + Hereford uk

I updated my IPad Mini 4 to the latest IOS and updated my P4P to the latest firmware. No issues with this update!

I am not able to keep the gimbal to stay level. I can adjust still shots in post processing but video is another thing. Can you explain how to do "the great turn on its back gimbal calibration",
It is possible to straighten video in post if you have to - depending on what you edit with I suppose. I use FCPX and can rotate the video straight. Then zoom in a little to crop out the black borders that result. If you are outputting in, say, 1080p and shooting in 2.7k or 4K then you won’t lose resolution on the zoom.

Reactions: Pilot Muzza
Updated mine (P4P) today....Afterwards, I cannot get the AUTO GIMBAL CALIBRATION to complete. It stops at 50% and NEVER finishes. Tried numerous times, rebooted everything, etc... My gimbal seems fine, but I just arbitrarily tried to auto-calibrate right after the firmware upgrade.... FWIW

The object "u000gbk " mentions is a panoptican a piece of steel artwork called the singing ringing tree - it makes a musical note when the wind blows across it - this is another angle of it....

Attachments

• 27703404283_1305c4b50f_z.jpg
    27703404283_1305c4b50f_z.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 28240737181_a67dcd65e4_z.jpg
    28240737181_a67dcd65e4_z.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 354
Reactions: apuntsel
The object "u000gbk " mentions is a panoptican a piece of steel artwork called the singing ringing tree - it makes a musical note when the wind blows across it - this is another angle of it....
VERY cool !!! Where is this?

You said 4/5 flights with no issues ... what were the issues with the 5th flight of the 5? 4/5 is only 80% having no issues and 20% having issues ... not a very good report in my opinion unless I am missing something.
I see he has not replied yet, but I took 4/5 flights to mean 4 or 5 flights, not four out of five flights!! I'm sure if there was a problem, it would have been mentioned!!

Reactions: AndrewCCM

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl