Phantom 4 Pro Firmwire v01.05.0600 March 8th 2018

Yes it has a reset option in DJI Assistant 2 in the Firmware Update session,in the same place where the updates are available for up or downgrade...Just lower and left from the available firmwares is a blue button FACTORY RESET.
thanks, if things dont clear up, ill try that.

Anyone getting gimbal overload error since this update? :-/ rolled back and it was fine.. updated again and its back [emoji85]

My issues ending with shipping the P4P back to dji for service....

Its the Sun.
Looks like monument and pilot.
20180402_060417.png

Reactions: SimonH78
K peeps I'm 2 versions of software behind this latest update for my P4P+, both in aircraft and remote software/firmware (including no fly database), because I have been TERRIFIED to update anything based on the insanity of the dice roll we all go through each time. I don't want to brick this bird because for now it works just fine.

What's the final word - are we a GO or NO GO on this update?! Thanks everyone!

K peeps I'm 2 versions of software behind this latest update for my P4P+, both in aircraft and remote software/firmware (including no fly database), because I have been TERRIFIED to update anything based on the insanity of the dice roll we all go through each time. I don't want to brick this bird because for now it works just fine.

Why do you feel compelled to upgrade? Is there a feature you want?

As an old software guy I used to always look forward to upgrading to the latest and greatest as long as a couple “point releases” went by. Bugs fixed. Features introduced. Just felt shiny and new.

I’ve changed my thinking. From what I’ve been reading here the chance of breaking something with an upgrade deters me. Not everyone has problems with an update. But some do. So I no longer knee jerk to an update unless forced or there is an irresistible feature.

I got bit by the inverted video bug. So I downgraded well below the pano version of firmware. I use Litchi for pano. And not only do I have a perfectly functional bird with no video inversion, I also can tweak parameters that you can’t in later versions. Such as increasing RTH speed and descent speed. Both which improve your chances of getting your bird back on deck without violating any rules.

I have the P4P+ and am fully current on firmware for the aircraft and controller.

No problems whatsoever with anything - the camera, flight/flight modes, or the controller. I did get the "DJI NFZ Update Required" box 4 or 5 times after doing the updates. I checked directly on DJI Assistant 2 and via WiFi with the controller. Every time, it showed as being fully current on all firmware, with no updates required.

Perhaps the NFZ comes from a different place in the system, i.e. not firmware related. I have no idea. But FWIW, I've not seen the "NFZ Update Required" box the last few times I've powered up after I was prompted to do a firmware update on a brand new battery, and did the update. Not sure if there's a connection or not.

I went ahead and updated because I was tired of all the update prompts and warnings. I couldn't care less about Pano Mode and have little interest in 3rd party apps. And, I never had the yellow-orange image or reversed images when the camera was angled all the way down. I figured if I had issues after updating, I would roll back.

Last edited:
I upgraded both of my P4P's to firmware 01.05.0600. On one P4P, I had the camera go nuts, yawing back and forth on the ground before I could even take off. Rebooting both the remote controller and the P4P fixed the problem, have not seen it since (4 flights so far). The other P4P work fine with no issues (3 flights so far).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl