Video transmission is pixilated noise

Reaction score
Hello,
I am somewhat of a newbie and trying to trouble shoot a tech problem with my Phantom 4 Pro+ and hoping your expertise can help.

The aircraft was flying fine for awhile until a few days ago I powered it up and it and the image on the RC screen was very pixelated and broken up. RC indicated, “Warning for heavy wireless interference.”

I have powered the drone up outside my house before with no issues, but I live in an dense urban area so many possibilities could have contributed to the interference. I walked around - a few blocks distance in either direction of my home, and still the video transmission was very bad. I switched frequencies, adjusted my antennas appropriately, but still no luck.

At the same time I was also receiving firmware update messages as well. I decided to upgrade the firmware to V01.05.0600, and now I have very little video transmission signal. The image is worse than before -complete pixelated noise. When I playback a recored image, it is also complete pixelated noise.

I re-installed previous the firmware version V01.05.300, but that did not resolve the issue, So I installed the latest firmware again (V01.05.0600).

Also, when I try resetting the camera - it fails.

IMU is functioning normal according to the summary page that appears when powering on the RC, but I when I try to recalibrate, it cannot complete a full calibration. It cannot complete step 4 out 6. I let it run for 15+ minutes and it will not advance to the next step.

Here are the operating specs I am currently working with:

P4 Pro+
Firmware V01.05.0600
DJI GO 4 app V4.2.6
RC System Version 01.04.01.00
RC Model # GL300E with built in Android tablet

I'm not sure what to try next - any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello,
I am somewhat of a newbie and trying to trouble shoot a tech problem with my Phantom 4 Pro+ and hoping your expertise can help.

The aircraft was flying fine for awhile until a few days ago I powered it up and it and the image on the RC screen was very pixelated and broken up. RC indicated, “Warning for heavy wireless interference.”

I have powered the drone up outside my house before with no issues, but I live in an dense urban area so many possibilities could have contributed to the interference. I walked around - a few blocks distance in either direction of my home, and still the video transmission was very bad. I switched frequencies, adjusted my antennas appropriately, but still no luck.

At the same time I was also receiving firmware update messages as well. I decided to upgrade the firmware to V01.05.0600, and now I have very little video transmission signal. The image is worse than before -complete pixelated noise. When I playback a recored image, it is also complete pixelated noise.

I re-installed previous the firmware version V01.05.300, but that did not resolve the issue, So I installed the latest firmware again (V01.05.0600).

Also, when I try resetting the camera - it fails.

IMU is functioning normal according to the summary page that appears when powering on the RC, but I when I try to recalibrate, it cannot complete a full calibration. It cannot complete step 4 out 6. I let it run for 15+ minutes and it will not advance to the next step.

Here are the operating specs I am currently working with:

P4 Pro+
Firmware V01.05.0600
DJI GO 4 app V4.2.6
RC System Version 01.04.01.00
RC Model # GL300E with built in Android tablet

I'm not sure what to try next - any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I have a P4P+ and have experienced pixelation on start-up. But it clears quickly. I have also confronted lagging and "green screening" - my term. For what it may be worth, another pilot mentioned that the P4P+ monitor is underpowered - his words. Lastly, I receive a very,very quick red exclamation mark at the end of the statement "Recent firmware". The P4P+ has shown me to be finicky. Weird things happen, only not to repeat again. I am considering the P4P to avoid the headaches with the +. Not any help here,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4