Phantom 4 Pro Firmwire v01.05.0600 March 8th 2018

Near Lima Peru.

I finally updated and tested my P4P yesterday i didn't have issues except a small before take off vibration that i never see before...When i start the motors and then after 3-4 seconds, when i throttle up for take off i discover a 1-2 seconds vibration on the aircraft but when it is taking off this stops...I hope that wont cause any stress cracks in the aircrafts body...I tried 4 batteries flight ,tested all intelligent flight modes also S and A mode with no issues...So everything ok except that small vibration issue before taking off...Before the 0600 firmware i used the 0602 version with very rock solid flights and neither one issue...I have downgrade from 0500 because it was really bad firmware with reversed video problems wich i think is very dangerous during flight...So now i m not sure if i will keep that firmware or downgrade again at 0602 which was really great and stable for P4P but without been able to use pano modes in photo mode.I will do some more test and then i will deside.
This sounds like you need to perform a calibration.

I see that version 1.05.0600 is the newest firmware for the aircraft, but could someone please tell me what the latest firmware for the P4P+ controller is? And how to I check to make sure I have the latest? Thanks in advance.

I have been seeing the occasional vibration complaint popping up here and there. I find that not only disconcerting but very mysterious. From the reports I have read, I am guessing about 5% of the pilots are seeing this from the latest firmware. A 5% failure rate is enough for me to stay away from it. Also seeing some sparce reports about the latest version of the app overloading some devices like iPad mini 4. I find it really strange the these kinds of problems are so few and far between but if your are lucky (or unlucky) enough to have them, you could do some real damage to your systems. Why 5% and not all??

For your estimation you have to assume that most people with issues post about them and most without issues don't post about it. So 5% of people having problems is probably way on the high side.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
I updated soon after the firmware was released, both for the AC and the controller - I fly a P4P+.

The bird is flying normally and all seems good. I'm seeing 'only' three bugs - annoying, but not seeming critical:

1. On every power up, I get a dialog box stating (paraphrased): "the firmware between the AC and controller do not match. Connect the aircraft to computer to update firmware." This happened randomly after the update, but now it's every time. And when I check the firmware, DJI Assistant shows me as updated.

2. On every power up, I get a dialog box to update the no-fly zone list.

3. There is occasional stuttering on the video feed and when turning (yaw). This happen whether or not I'm shooting video or in camera mode for still, or not doing either. On the actual video, the recording and gimbal movements are silky smooth.

Anyone else seeing any 'random-quirkyness'?

In my case with the same device he did not appreciate any of your symptoms. Mine at the moment goes like silk, I've updated it a week or so ago. The only thing that makes it different is that when the rope and the accelerator to take off has a momentary tremor and then disappears with the increase of revolutions.

Reactions: svjobeth
In my case with the same device he did not appreciate any of your symptoms. Mine at the moment goes like silk, I've updated it a week or so ago. The only thing that makes it different is that when the rope and the accelerator to take off has a momentary tremor and then disappears with the increase of revolutions.

Interesting. I've not noticed the tremor issue, but have read other's accounts of it.

EDIT: I think I solved the 'mismatched firmware' issue. I added a new battery to my gear just after doing the AC and controller update. Battery had to be updated to match. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Updated yesterday and first time more troubles than fixes for me. First I had troubles to calibrate gimbal (after imu-caliration) but vertical style calibration was successful.

At the field I got compass redundancy switch warnings and there was error text on other compass sensor. Did compass calibrations but same error.

Today I did update again. IMU calibration fine, gimbal calibration fine and compass calibration successful. Did test fligts with two batteries and it was flying more stable than before. No camera flip when looking down. But... I got startup vibrations on one motor. After motors startup when lifting copter up. About 1 second vibration. Never seen that before. And compass redundancy switch error one time during flight.

Maybe should dowgrade now.

Reluctantly, I upgraded to .600 today because I wanted to try out the pano mode. Previously on .01.04.602 from June 2017. Update went fine and first two flights were perfect, no issues as others have reported. I did do all the calibrations after the upgrade. Pano mode works nicely. Happy so far.

I have the same shudder in the motors on liftoff and on landing when the motors power off. Newest firmware P4P with an iPhone 8+ seems like I have to recenter the gimbal every time I power on too.

I have the same issue i think its because of the last update

This sounds like you need to perform a calibration.
I did a factory reset for all settings then RC / IMU/ compass / visual sensors/ gimbal calibration and now i think work just fine...I think everytime after new firmwires we must do all these calibrations after a reset to factory settings via DJI Assistant 2

I did a factory reset for all settings then RC / IMU/ compass / visual sensors/ gimbal calibration and now i think work just fine...I think everytime after new firmwires we must do all these calibrations after a reset to factory settings via DJI Assistant 2

In the .600 update docs, does it say to do a factory reset?

In the .600 update docs, does it say to do a factory reset?
Yes it has a reset option in DJI Assistant 2 in the Firmware Update session,in the same place where the updates are available for up or downgrade...Just lower and left from the available firmwares is a blue button FACTORY RESET.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie