Is the Firmware stable for Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
I´m thinking of buying the P4 Pro, but i want to check with you P4 Pro owners if the firmware for this craft is stable and without problems, if yes....which firmware version is the most problem free?

Since i know when it comes to DJI their latest firmwares often have more problems than their earlier ones? How is it with the P4 Pro?

Do the firmware have any 30/50 meter limits, RC disconnections, Lightbridge dropouts, reduced power of the craft, added risk of crashes due to the firmware, etc., etc.?

I own the Inspire 1 and know about all the firmware problems that has been going on with the i1, so just wanted to check with you P4 Pro owners.

By the way, can the HDMI board from the inspire 1 be used on the Phantom 4 Pro RC?

I´m thinking of buying the P4 Pro, but i want to check with you P4 Pro owners if the firmware for this craft is stable and without problems, if yes....which firmware version is the most problem free?

Do the firmware have any 30/50 meter limits, RC disconnections, Lightbridge dropouts, reduced power of the craft, added risk of crashes due to the firmware, etc., etc.?
Firmware gets blamed for lots of things that it is not responsible for.
I fly two P4 pro drones running the latest firmware and have no issues.
Both run perfectly.
If there were issues like the ones you are asking about, I wouldn't be able to take photos like this every week:
DJI_0488aaa-X3.jpg

Thanks, i don't know about the P4 Pro firmware, but i know the Inspire 1 firmware has had it´s share of problems.

What about the 30/50 meter limit thing, was that the GO app, or the firmware? Is it fixed now?

Latest firmware and always updated immediately, not one issue, no problems at all. P4P is great, flies nice and takes wonderful pictures. Easy to fly, easy to use other software too, like Litchi.

I am using the latest firmware and no there is no problem with the 30/50 limitation with beginner mode off.

Okay good to hear that the P4 Pro doesn't have firmware problems, yet anyway?
Im pretty sure i will go with the P4 Pro, i also had a thought of maybe buying the Mavic Pro instead, but i owned the Mavic Pro when it was released and i was not happy with the gimbal and not the camera either.
The only plus on the Mavic is it´s size and portability. It would be nice to have something that is fast to setup and start flying, and which can easily be traveled around with.

By the way, does the HDMI board from the Inspire 1 work with the P4 Pro?

According to DJI specs the HDMI module only works with Phantom 4 series and Phantom 3 Adv & Pro

I am using the latest firmware and no there is no problem with the 30/50 limitation with beginner mode off.

I think it was something about that you needed to log in to your account to remove the 30/50 meter limit, otherwise you got a warning and the flight distance was limited to 50 meter and the height to 30 meter.
But people needed to re-start the GO app every time they wanted to swap batteries for another flight, or something like that?

According to DJI specs the HDMI module only works with Phantom 4 series and Phantom 3 Adv & Pro

Have you read this somewhere? Somebody wrote on the DJI forums that it was possible, but i wanted to have it confirmed by somebody who has tested?

Correct, you need to be logged into your DJI account in GO4 for geofencing with the current firmware to the best of my knowledge. And that will also get rid of the 30/50 restrictions

It is integrated into the Inspire controller so you might be able to take it off and move it over.

Correct, you need to be logged into your DJI account in GO4 for geofencing with the current firmware to the best of my knowledge. And that will also get rid of the 30/50 restrictions

Okay but does that get rid of the limit once and for all? Because like i mentioned in my earlier post people had the problem that the limit re-appeared every time they swapped batteries.

Okay but does that get rid of the limit once and for all? Because like i mentioned in my earlier post people had the problem that the limit re-appeared every time they swapped batteries.
Forget the limit thing.
All the squawking on the DJI forum was due to users not following instructions.

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
So i decided to buy the P4 Pro since the store had a weekend discount with 15 percent off, i have just now opened the box, haven't started it yet.
Immediately a couple of questions came to mind.

Firstly, when the craft is turned off the camera/gimbal unit is not able to stay balanced, instead its more heavy to the left and down, is that normal ? Since i remember on the P2 with the Zenmuse H3-3D people always said that the Gopro needs to stay balanced, otherwise the weight is not distributed evenly and that could cause overload or unnecessary workload on the affected gimbal motor. I remember people attaching coins to get it balanced evenly.
Is it different with the camera / gimbals on the P4 Pro?

Also when i rotate the motors by hand i can feel that one of the motors feels a bit different to rotate, its hard to explain but a bit more "rough" feeling, or something like that. Is that considered normal that all motors does not feel exactly the same when rotating them?

P.S. Should the craft or the RC be updated first, i have forgot, and haven't read the manual yet, thats what i will do now before i fire her up.

I will surely have more questions later on when i fire up the unit, so i will try to ask them in this thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik