Phantom 4: post your Live Streaming link

can you only stream to youtube in 720p? Is that the same for facebook live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The drone sends 720p video at 16:9 to your controller to be viewed by the Go app. It's that video feed that's split off and sent to which ever Live stream is in play.

Your taking photos or capturing video on the drone itself is entirely independent of all of this.

What kind of upload speed do I need to do live YouTube or Facebook stream? What's a minimum acceptable speed? I'm upstate New York right now and speedtest.net is showing me 1.5 megabits per second on 5 ghz WiFi.

You are live. I am watching ants moving around in front of your drone. :)

That was this morning. How did it look, anyway? How many minutes long was the live stream?

I think the low frame rate issue is still there but the video quality was good.

I am starting to think YouTube is not good. We might have to do this in FaceBook but I have no interest in signing up just for that.

It's 1:02 in length And now it's sitting on the last frame and I can't rewind or seek on it.

The FB version is better all around. You get live comments from users and they can hit like at various times and you'll see that too.

When it's over a copy is saved and users can replay it adding comments as if it were in real time.

While both are at 720p it's at a low bit rate (blocky)

@Drestin Black

Hi there - Would you mind terribly posting a comparison of YouTube and FaceBook?

They both feature real time chat/ posts and video auto-archiving but I am mostly interested in the video quality.
The YouTube I posted at the end of my tutorial shows how FaceBook dials back the quality as well as YouTube does. The live comments will quickly become annoying too on the telemetry screen since they will be in the way.

I don't use Facebook. We would appreciate your review if you are so inclined.

@Drestin Black

Hi there - Would you mind terribly posting a comparison of YouTube and FaceBook?

(Cut)
I don't use Facebook. We would appreciate your review if you are so inclined.

More people have FB account than YT accounts, at least in my circles so I chose that first. The two times I tried a YT stream no one joined and I was unaware of the ability to live comment. At that time the quality of the YT stream was higher, but DJI have addressed that in their latest Go release. I find the quality to be approximately the same between the two. A low bitrate 720p stream.

You click FB live. Provide a title and click begin. That's it. Comments appear in a tiny pop up window and go away quick.

I'll try to get screenshots the next time I fly as such.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Weekly bump!

I am seeing "Video Unavailable"

This is awesome.

The feed is smooth. Watching now. TY for sharing, I am enjoying this!

Edit: those power boats!! The sound! Love that.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj