Phantom 4 Low-Noise Props (Now Available)

Anyone with a P4P v1 with the new props reporting issues of gimbal/camera vibration or is this Mavic owners?

I'll also wait until they make a black...same colour as my birdie...

RoOSTA

Thx so much for the heads up here! Just ordered two pair from you all. Is there a pretty noticeable difference in your opinion?

No problem, and thank you. They are noticeably quieter...maybe a little bit smoother performance but can't say I've noticed any changes in torque or speed as some others have mentioned. Only a couple flights with them so far. Great having the lower pitch noise output when trying to fly with as little hinderance to others as possible.

Ordered earlier today!
Your $7.50 priority mail shipping sure beats $15 shipping from DJI! :cool:

Glad we could help, safe flying! :)

Order placed!

Enjoy em! ;)

Reactions: KevMo Photog
No problem, and thank you. They are noticeably quieter...maybe a little bit smoother performance but can't say I've noticed any changes in torque or speed as some others have mentioned. Only a couple flights with them so far. Great having the lower pitch noise output when trying to fly with as little hinderance to others as possible.

Glad we could help, safe flying! :)

Enjoy em! ;)
Just placed my order as well.

Reactions: Advexure
I don't have anything to compare it to, but I have the 2.0 Phantom with the quieter props and I am quite amazed at how quiet this drone is. I expected it to be as loud as a lawnmower or at least a weed whacker. It's quiet enough that with it hovering 6' in front me, I can carry on a normal conversation with someone. And up at treetop level, it's barely audible to me. I was flying at Harrybrook Park last weekend and as I was coming in for a landing I noticed that the geese on the ground below paid it no mind. Same thing hovering 150' over another park... the people down on the ground weren't noticing my drone.

Reactions: Stimmy
I don't have anything to compare it to, but I have the 2.0 Phantom with the quieter props and I am quite amazed at how quiet this drone is. I expected it to be as loud as a lawnmower or at least a weed whacker. It's quiet enough that with it hovering 6' in front me, I can carry on a normal conversation with someone. And up at treetop level, it's barely audible to me. I was flying at Harrybrook Park last weekend and as I was coming in for a landing I noticed that the geese on the ground below paid it no mind. Same thing hovering 150' over another park... the people down on the ground weren't noticing my drone.

So you are comparing this to a previously owned P4 without the quieter blades or is this your first P4? Thanks in advance.

It's my first, which is why I don't have anything to compare it too. DJI also claims that some of the lower noise is due to the motor design as well. In my estimation, it's delightfully quiet for a UAV. The neighbors won't hear it a couple hundred yards away, which is good.

We've got a few hundred of the new Low-Noise Propellers in stock once again...no wait! Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions. Safe flying! :cool:

Shout out of thanks. Great vendor. Got mine today quick turn around time.

Paul C

Reactions: Advexure
You are very welcome sir. Enjoy those and have a great weekend.

My set arrived today via USPS... literally less than 24hrs. after my late afternoon order. Kudos - I'm local (almost neighbors), and you've got my business for everything DJI in the future. Test Flight tomorrow - Thank you.

Reactions: jeboyd and Advexure
Had a chance to try the new props today. IMHO there is no noise reduction in fact they sounded a bit louder but that could have been due to wind conditions. It should be noted I am using these on a standard P4.

Reactions: exit 4 and Deezbs
Had a chance to try the new props today. IMHO there is no noise reduction in fact they sounded a bit louder but that could have been due to wind conditions. It should be noted I am using these on a standard P4.
Interesting

The so called "noise reduction" is, from most reports, more of a pitch change to a lower, less annoying frequency than the standard props. If your high frequency hearing is impaired (most over 40 have some degree of high frequency impairment), the lower frequency could, indeed, be perceived as louder. It's not a panacea, especially without the newer ESC's on the P4P V2.

Reactions: Deezbs
It's not a panacea, especially without the newer ESC's on the P4P V2.
The props make up such a large portion of the noise and the motors so relatively little it doesn't seem likely the motors/ESCs could contribute all that much to noise reduction, if at all. Until/unless I see a meaningful additional reduction based on motors proven in quantified tests I'm not buying it.

The props make up such a large portion of the noise and the motors so relatively little it doesn't seem likely the motors/ESCs could contribute all that much to noise reduction, if at all. Until/unless I see any noticeable reduction proven in quantified tests I'm not buying it.
I'm with you. Unless I experience it, it didn't happen! Jury is still out. Just got my set, and will be using them this evening for the first time. Could be just an excuse for DJI to needlessly sell everyone a new set of "improved" props, with a $15 shipping/handling charge! :p They certainly look huge compared to the stock originals. The spikey tips are likely to catch on anything nearby during transport while installed, possibly resulting in carelessly dropping the aircraft and a repair bill! Maybe there is a method behind DJI's madness! ;)

Just to be clear I expect that there is some noise reduction, or at least change, as a result of the new props (although the reported amount seems to range from 'not much' to 'night and day!'... as usual lol) What I am doubting is that the new motors/ESCs contribute much if anything.

Reactions: gppms
Just to be clear I expect that there is some noise reduction, or at least change, as a result of the new props (although the reported amount seems to range from 'not much' to 'night and day!'... as usual lol) What I am doubting is that the new motors/ESCs contribute much if anything.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I bought them on the off chance that there might be a minor increase in efficiency and flight time, even without the new ESC's. They are kind of like an "off label" drug prescription---specifically manufactured and designed and tested on a new aircraft, but now being repurposed for older aircraft, with which they are still technically compatible (they fit...), but where the results are still undocumented. :cool:

Reactions: Hounddog

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic