Phantom 4 Low-Noise Props (Now Available)

Can you still get the other old style props? I didn’t find them.

Instability - not quite still in the air as it hoovers. You can see that at moderate wind.
LO-NO props - I use them since they came out with no problems on P4P. What overheating? If you notice longer air time then the motors need less effort to stay in the air with LO-NO props.
So they must heat less.
Does the instability you have seen in moderate wind affect the video? The gimbal surely is capable of compensating for any such minor instability. The ESC's were changed on the P4P V2 specifically to accommodate the low noise props, and the new props use on the P4P was never officially recommended by DJI. Obviously, they still fit. Jury still seems to be out on the benefits and downsides. The same discussion ensued with the low noise props for the MPP used on the MP. Your logic seems to make sense about less heat with longer flight times, but I'm not fully convinced about that. I think it is certainly possible to envision greater flight efficiency from the shape of the props, while still generating more heat on the ESC's that were not designed for them. Hmmmm.

Can you still get the other old style props? I didn’t find them.
Good point!
May not have a choice any more!
07AAB684-F3A5-4123-BF8F-19298CD3113F.jpeg

Hopefully they are genuine.
No reason to assume otherwise, unless I missed something, although it doesn't explicitly state OEM. DJI only said unavailable in my country/region. Part number matches and it says DJI in the description, and they also sell other genuine DJI parts from what I can see.

Last edited:
No reason to assume otherwise, unless I missed something, although it doesn't explicitly state OEM. DJI only said unavailable in my country/region. Part number matches and it says DJI in the description, and they also sell other genuine DJI parts from what I can see.
Yeah. They look reputable. It’s just that I’ve read stories of people ending up with knock offs. Maybe that’s note of an eBay/amazon thing.

Yeah. They look reputable. It’s just that I’ve read stories of people ending up with knock offs. Maybe that’s note of an eBay/amazon thing.
Worth a shot, if you need them. Genuine DJI P4 props will have DJI in raised letters on each blade.

Does the instability you have seen in moderate wind affect the video? The gimbal surely is capable of compensating for any such minor instability. The ESC's were changed on the P4P V2 specifically to accommodate the low noise props, and the new props use on the P4P was never officially recommended by DJI. Obviously, they still fit. Jury still seems to be out on the benefits and downsides. The same discussion ensued with the low noise props for the MPP used on the MP. Your logic seems to make sense about less heat with longer flight times, but I'm not fully convinced about that. I think it is certainly possible to envision greater flight efficiency from the shape of the props, while still generating more heat on the ESC's that were not designed for them. Hmmmm.

Not visible on the video.
Greater 'flight efficiency' of propellers is when the motors need less strenght for the same flight or stay longer in the air with the same battery consumption. In each case it should be lower effort for motors. But this is irelevant as the differenc is so minimal that can't be even measured.. The only reason that can influence the motors temp. can be a bit different air flow that cools the motors. But I'm sure this is not the case.

Not visible on the video.
Greater 'flight efficiency' of propellers is when the motors need less strenght for the same flight or stay longer in the air with the same battery consumption. In each case it should be lower effort for motors. But this is irelevant as the differenc is so minimal that can't be even measured.. The only reason that can influence the motors temp. can be a bit different air flow that cools the motors. But I'm sure this is not the case.
On the P4P V2, the new ESC's designed for the new props in combination are supposed to increase flight time. Not clear whether any measurable flight time improvement is obtained using them on the old P4P ESC's. Their spikey tips certainly get caught on any fabric during transport in the hand, which creates a risk of dropping the aircraft!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl