Phantom 4 Low-Noise Props (Now Available)

View attachment 99322 I have heard a lot about these new low noise props causing camera vibrations, so I decided to take a look at the design and do a comparison. It seems that both props, DJI-OEM on the top, and the new low noise DJI props on the bottom, have the same amount of lift to rpm ratio. In the OEM props on the top photo, most of the lift is generated near the center hub, with about a third of the props length acting as shock dampeners.

The new design spreads the lift across the entire surface, which makes the props more rigid. This obviously explains the vibrations, and the reduction in noise. Also, the increased rigidity of the props, transferring the vibrations to the fuselage, could be a problem for early prop failure.

Sorry to be such a skeptic, but I think I will wait to hear from others once the performance results are in for these new props after they’ve been on the market for a while. It’s nothing personal, and I feel that DJI makes a fine product. It’s just simple aerodynamics.
That's all good information. I, too, am waiting the impression of the others who have ordered these. They seem to have caused a gimbal error on the Mavic pro, however, none with a P4 have checked in on the claims of these props.

I can hardly wait to get the New props! $10/pair seems reasonable if the improve the efficiency and noise. Whatever might help the battery fly longer with less effort is a plus in my book!!

Reactions: Lefty63
View attachment 99322 I have heard a lot about these new low noise props causing camera vibrations, so I decided to take a look at the design and do a comparison. It seems that both props, DJI-OEM on the top, and the new low noise DJI props on the bottom, have the same amount of lift to rpm ratio. In the OEM props on the top photo, most of the lift is generated near the center hub, with about a third of the props length acting as shock dampeners.

The new design spreads the lift across the entire surface, which makes the props more rigid. This obviously explains the vibrations, and the reduction in noise. Also, the increased rigidity of the props, transferring the vibrations to the fuselage, could be a problem for early prop failure.

Sorry to be such a skeptic, but I think I will wait to hear from others once the performance results are in for these new props after they’ve been on the market for a while. It’s nothing personal, and I feel that DJI makes a fine product. It’s just simple aerodynamics.
I don't think you understood correctly there have been no vibration reports with the new props for the Phantom 4 Pro V2 only with the mavic Platinum props on The Old mavic Pro.... which are entirely different props.

That's all good information. I, too, am waiting the impression of the others who have ordered these. They seem to have caused a gimbal error on the Mavic pro, however, none with a P4 have checked in on the claims of these props.
Totally different aircraft and totally different prop design also the gimbal on the mavic pro is not as robust. So it felt vibrations pretty easily

I'm in no hurry!! My Phantom 4Pro flies just fine without the new props so I'm not wasting money having them shipped. I'll pick them up for free right here in town when they're available.

Bud

Reactions: Travis Brown
Ordered Thursday, received Monday in Australia. Very fast. Don't forget, they are a pack of 2 not 4 so you need 2 packs. Doh!

I’ve been using low-noise props on my Mavic Pro since they first came out. No vibration, no gimbal errors, no problems! Just a Mavic that’s not as loud.

I’ve been using low-noise props on my Mavic Pro since they first came out. No vibration, no gimbal errors, no problems! Just a Mavic that’s not as loud.
Good to hear that not all Mavic Pro owners have gimbal vibrations with use. :cool:

Reactions: Dan Lee
We've got a few hundred of the new Low-Noise Propellers in stock once again...no wait! Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions. Safe flying! :cool:

I appreciate the analysis and observation. It will be interesting to see if the implications are substantiated as that would be a concern for many. Based on the overall comments here, I think most everyone else is more interested in where to get them for the cheapest price.

I also wasn't so fortunate and had gimbal issues from day 1. I suspect the problem lies in a poorly manufactured set of props though.

I also wasn't so fortunate and had gimbal issues from day 1. I suspect the problem lies in a poorly manufactured set of props though.

That’s exactly what I thought when some people started complaining about vibration. I remember the low noise Mavic props were back ordered for a while and you had to get on a list to be notified when they were available. They were no doubt putting them out as fast as they could and probably not manufactured as they should have been. I know I had to go through several props on my first bird (P3S) to get the vibration out of my gimbal.

We've got a few hundred of the new Low-Noise Propellers in stock once again...no wait! Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions. Safe flying! :cool:
Thx so much for the heads up here! Just ordered two pair from you all. Is there a pretty noticeable difference in your opinion?

Reactions: Advexure

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj