Phantom 4 Low-Noise Props (Now Available)

Def dont agree....they are not louder! :confused: lol the pitch does sound deeper like not as whiney....overall pretty awesome and fast!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180603-160310.jpg
    Screenshot_20180603-160310.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 324
Mine came in today. I can definitely tell a difference on my p4p. Wife and neighbor both said it was much less noticeable with the new props. Probably just in my head, but it seemed a little smoother in flight as well.
Thumbs up here.

Last edited:
Mine came in today. I can definitely tell a difference on my p4p. Wife and neighbor both said it was much less noticeable with the new props. Probably just in my head but. It seemed a little smoother in flight as well.
Thumbs up here.
Much less annoying overall! Makes me much more comfortable flying from home, knowing the noise is not nearly as annoying to the neighbors during launch and landing, if they are outside within earshot. During flight, away from the neighborhood, less annoyance to everyone. Good investment! :cool:

Reactions: gppms
Subjective reports on changes like this usually tend toward hyperbole (much quieter, or even noisier(?) than the original, etc.) but just so people's expectations are reasonable... there is an improvement, a few dB, definitely detectable but far from night and day. If you A/B then you can tell the difference, but on a flyby with no other reference, not so much. For only $20 I think they're worth getting if you fly in noise-sensitive areas, but don't expect some secret government stealth drone. They're slightly quieter, and that's about it, and really that's about all one could realistically expect.

Reactions: Deezbs
Subjective reports on changes like this usually tend toward hyperbole (much quieter, or even noisier(?) than the original, etc.) but just so people's expectations are reasonable... there is an improvement, a few dB, definitely detectable but far from night and day. If you A/B then you can tell the difference, but on a flyby with no other reference, not so much. For only $20 I think they're worth getting if you fly in noise-sensitive areas, but don't expect some secret government stealth drone. They're slightly quieter, and that's about it, and really that's about all one could realistically expect.
4 dB noise level reduction is the claim. However, the change in pitch from a whine to a lower whir is more significant to me.

Reactions: Lefty63 and Deezbs
DJI_0100.jpg
DJI_0100.jpg MY new DJI props arrived a few days ago from Amazon. In one flight, I thought that they were more quiet than the "old" DJI props, and that it might be more of a difference in frequency than anything else. But the difference wasn't a lot. Performance seemed about the same, which is to say good. View attachment 99964 I took a few still shots and did not notice any issues with captures. See one example.

Mine came in today. I can definitely tell a difference on my p4p. Wife and neighbor both said it was much less noticeable with the new props. Probably just in my head, but it seemed a little smoother in flight as well.
Thumbs up here.
I agree. It's smoother.

View attachment 99965 View attachment 99965 MY new DJI props arrived a few days ago from Amazon. In one flight, I thought that they were more quiet than the "old" DJI props, and that it might be more of a difference in frequency than anything else. But the difference wasn't a lot. Performance seemed about the same, which is to say good. View attachment 99964 I took a few still shots and did not notice any issues with captures. See one example.
Those must be the set of four DJI props with "free shipping" for $35. Advexure sells the same set of four for $27.50 including shipping, as the 4 props themselves are only $20 MSRP ($10 per set of two). Better deal! :cool:

Reactions: Advexure
I stated before that it seemed smoother and it does... In gps mode.
However I tried them out in sport mode today and it's slower (topping out around 38 to 40mph) and on a couple of fly by's it sounded weird and choppy.
Weather permitted I'm going to do a solid comparison of both prop types in sports mode this weekend.
Anybody else noticed the new props affecting sport mode?

I stated before that it seemed smoother and it does... In gps mode.
However I tried them out in sport mode today and it's slower (topping out around 38 to 40mph) and on a couple of fly by's it sounded weird and choppy.
Weather permitted I'm going to do a solid comparison of both prop types in sports mode this weekend.
Anybody else noticed the new props affecting sport mode?
The better efficiency in P mode, with OA turned on, likely comes at a cost on the high end in Sport Mode. 31 mph seems to be the sweet spot for optimal performance. Looking forward to your comparison testing.

I've just tried the new props on my P4P and they are quieter...wish DJI would make them to suit the Obsidian though..

I've just tried the new props on my P4P and they are quieter...wish DJI would make them to suit the Obsidian though..
They still fit and fly just fine! Maybe not completely "suited" and all black, but even an all black tuxedo still has a white shirt collar! ;)

Reactions: Lefty63 and Zoran
I have just received my new props from Advexure . came fairly quickly . will try them out here shortly and report back not that my opinion means anything

I got a set a few days ago, I have not used them yet. I will say, they are very clunky looking. But looks are not everything.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31