Phantom 4 CRASH PLEASE HELP!!!

Sorry to hear. I hope you're able to get a replacement or to get yours repaired.

FYI I wouldn't post pictures that have your FAA reg. no. visible. What's stopping someone from putting it on their drone and crashing it onto the White House lawn (for example)?

This is the Internet - it's open to all. Trust no one with ANYTHING that can potentially come back to bite you...

Best of luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Sensei, that is a VERY good observation on the FAA Number! I wouldn't have even thought about that, but you are right! Good call!

~Joey

Thanks for the info.

You actually know more and better than the DJI folks who explained to me how the their system work, stating clearly that there are NO TFR loaded on the fly through DJI GO.

BTW, this would make the TFR system totally useless, as you can fly your drone with a wide range of other apps -Litchi, Altizure, Pilot Map and many other- without even starting DJI GO.

That's why, according to the DJI guy I was talking to for unlocking my airport red zone, the data is staying in the drone, so that any other software -which can "talk" to the drone via DJI API/sdk- must read the file and cannot get you in the air while inside a NFZ.

Apps which cannot use the unlock system, so when DJI unlock a red zone you are not able to use any mapping software to command the drone.

If ever I have to get in touch with them again I let them know where they can learn something about their system :)
As I have said before which you conveniently ignored, I was told this is how it works by DJI. It's also again on the DJI site that the GEO system works in real time for temp NFZs.

I'm inclined to believe the DJI employees I talked to since DJI publicly stated their GEO system works with temp zones.

But by all means, continue your snarky sarcastic comments. :rolleyes:

Why do you keep saying that when it's explained on the DJI website. Are they wrong?

At app is just used a conduit to pass the data over.
He is convinced DJI doesn't know their own product. Beating a dead horse IMO.

If you could help me get a start in doing this, that would be great. I also don't know the exact steps for starting a case with them. Do i call them or email them or do something else entirely? Thanks so much for you help.

Use their live chat

It is down:(((((((((((
It is working for me..

A word of warning about thier chat system, if there is no communication between you and support for a certain amount of time.(maybe 2 minutes even less) you will get logged out and will have to que up again and you probably won't get the same support person next time so you have to start over.

To avoid getting dumped I type a dot and send it every 30 seconds or so to keep the chat active.

It is down:(((((((((((

It seems to working ok for me as well. Keep trying! The support chat is the easiest way to begin a claim. When you're able to reach someone, briefly explain the crash. They will ask for flight data etc and explain how to proceed. As was mentioned earlier, if some of the fault is deemed to be yours, they will repair it at a reduced cost. Hang in there and don't give up. Many of us have been where you are!

Got on the live chat. They sent me a link where I fill out a form, and they said they will send me a shipping label.

It asks for a short description of what happened (only allows 200 or so characters). Should I include the NFZ stuff, or just say auto land was suddenly initiated?

It also asks for the "Abnormal Phenomenon" that occurred. It gives me these choices. Which one should I choose?

The horizontal speed couldn't be controlled
The vertical speed couldn't be controlled
Black screen error on video downlink
Fall without collision
Return To Home malfunction
Ostacle-avoidance malfunciton (P4, etc.)
Ground Station malfunction (Follow Me, Waypoints, etc.)
Other

Most importantly, one of the questions in the online form requests the "App Account". What exactly are they looking for? My user and pass? (neither of which I know). Just my name? Very confusing.

Anybody know? Thanks!

Got on the live chat. They sent me a link where I fill out a form, and they said they will send me a shipping label.

It asks for a short description of what happened (only allows 200 or so characters). Should I include the NFZ stuff, or just say auto land was suddenly initiated?

It also asks for the "Abnormal Phenomenon" that occurred. It gives me these choices. Which one should I choose?

The horizontal speed couldn't be controlled
The vertical speed couldn't be controlled
Black screen error on video downlink
Fall without collision
Return To Home malfunction
Ostacle-avoidance malfunciton (P4, etc.)
Ground Station malfunction (Follow Me, Waypoints, etc.)
Other

Most importantly, one of the questions in the online form requests the "App Account". What exactly are they looking for? My user and pass? (neither of which I know). Just my name? Very confusing.

Anybody know? Thanks!

I would begin the explanation starting with the flight back to you and it suddenly began it's rapid decent and the fact that it was uncontrollable. After all, the NFZ warning didn't post for that flight

I would begin the explanation starting with the flight back to you and it suddenly began it's rapid decent and the fact that it was uncontrollable. After all, the NFZ warning didn't post for that flight
OK I've only got a sentence or two. This is what I have.

Without a command, the aircraft suddenly began the auto land procedure. I tried to cancel it three times, but it was uncontrollable. The aircraft descended into a forest, and fell to the ground.

What do you think they are asking for when they say the "App Account"? What info should I put in that box?

Last edited:
OK I've only got a sentence or two. This is what I have.

Without a command, the aircraft suddenly began the auto land procedure. I tried to cancel it three times, but it was uncontrollable. The aircraft descended into a forest, and fell to the ground.

What do you think they are asking for when they say the "App Account"? What info should I put in that box?

They need the email address you used to register your phantom - I don't think they need your password, though.

I realized this wasn't a required field, so I left it empty. Already submitted my claim. Hope this is okay.

Let me know if you think this is fatal

Fatal?

Exaggeration. Let me know if you think it is an issue or a non issue.

Thanks

I don't think it is an issue. After all, DJI has that information from when you contacted them. They will inform you if they need additional information. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I don't think it is an issue. After all, DJI has that information from when you contacted them. They will inform you if they need additional information. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

That's what I thought. Hopefully I will be able to add "with a happy ending" to the end of the thread title. Thanks for everyone's help

He is convinced DJI doesn't know their own product. Beating a dead horse IMO.

DJI forum yesterday:

Q: (not by me)
Just wondering if the geofencing is handled via the firmware in the remote control and aircraft or in the dji go app?

Thanks for any suggestions.

A: by DJI-Ken - DJI Team
GEO is part in the app and part in the aircraft firmware.

Q:
how are temporary NFZ implemented?

are they sent with an DJI GO update or sent "transparently" when connected to internet without the operator knowing it?

A: always by DJI-Ken - DJI Team
They can be done when there's an app update.

Which is exactly how DJI support explained to me about two months ago.

Talking about smart asses who knows everything.

DJI forum yesterday:

Q: (not by me)
Just wondering if the geofencing is handled via the firmware in the remote control and aircraft or in the dji go app?

Thanks for any suggestions.

A: by DJI-Ken - DJI Team
GEO is part in the app and part in the aircraft firmware.

Q:
how are temporary NFZ implemented?

are they sent with an DJI GO update or sent "transparently" when connected to internet without the operator knowing it?

A: always by DJI-Ken - DJI Team
They can be done when there's an app update.

Which is exactly how DJI support explained to me about two months ago.

Talking about smart asses who knows everything.
DJI ken seems pretty good with the accuracy of his responses.

DJI ken seems pretty good with the accuracy of his responses.

hehe, won't be enough to stop a couple of rocket scientists here ranting about how their drones works differently and get new NFZ without any update....:(

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.
Scott Hamilton

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31